collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 554
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1 Drug Tests  (Read 2250 times)

Offline Wizzo

F1 Drug Tests
« on: June 28, 2007, 05:27:02 PM »

A selection of F1 drivers will be randomly drug-tested at French GP venue Magny Cours this weekend.

The sport's governing body adopted World Anti-Doping Agency standards a couple of years ago but it is believed that this weekend's tests will be the first in 2007 so far.

Motor racing is perceived as a 'clean' sport, with the last transgressions involving former Prost racer Tomas Enge for marijuana use during the F3000 season in 2002, while a GT driver was suspended earlier this year after testing positive to cocaine use.

Sources have, however, suggested that substances like 'EPO' - which is difficult to detect - are more likely to be doing the rounds.

"Our experience is that drugs are not a problem in formula one," the Spanish newspaper El Mundo quotes FIA president Max Mosley as saying.

But an unnamed driver countered: "We are all well prepared physically, but it is a certainty that EPO would improve for example our concentration levels."

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Dare

Re: F1 Drug Tests
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 05:35:29 PM »
Speaking of performance enhancing,has anyone heard of
performance enhancing contact lenses?A article on
them below

http://medgadget.com/archives/2005/05/maxsight_perfor.html
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 10:42:12 PM »
Think Jensen's Honda could do with a shot of speed tho, a big shot.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 02:58:59 AM »
One time we had a GM at work who said we were going to have drug tests. We said, "Bring on the drugs. We'll be happy to test them!" :tease:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 03:26:49 AM »
Interesting point about the lenses.  Sebastien Bourdais wears glasses, doesn't he?  He will be the first F1 driver to do so for years - maybe he would be interested in those lenses...
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 05:16:22 AM »
Several NASCAR drivers have had them for some time. Others, Johnny Benson for one, have had the Lasix laser eye surgery.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Willy

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 08:09:06 PM »
Interesting point about the lenses.  Sebastien Bourdais wears glasses, doesn't he?  He will be the first F1 driver to do so for years - maybe he would be interested in those lenses...

I believe that Jacque Villeneuve wore glasses as well and raced with contacts. In fact I'm sure he still does.

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 08:24:52 PM »
Jacques certainly wears glasses.

I am sure there was a picture of Ralf wearing glasses last year some time.  Maybe he has his contacts in the wrong eyes. 

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 08:25:59 PM »

I believe that Jacque Villeneuve wore glasses as well and raced with contacts. In fact I'm sure he still does.

Hey, that's right - had forgotten about Jacques and his silly little glasses.  And yes, he must have worn contacts when racing.  Thanks, Willy.
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline Number 38

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 08:33:14 PM »
Eyeglasses an "issue"?  Anybody remember Maston Gregory,
or Jim Mayers; yea, that'll weed the kids from their fathers........  Cheers!

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 10:13:04 PM »
Maston Gregory was Jim Clark's hero until Jim drove the same car and totally blew him away.  He was really disappointed that his hero didn't measure up to his estimation.

Webber calls for more drug tests.  He is so diplomatic you would know he was an Aussie even if you had never heard of him.
"The FIA says it's too expensive - but what a load of bullshit!"
Way to go Mark.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60291
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 10:22:35 PM by Steven Roy »

Offline johnbull

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 10:18:40 PM »
Jacques certainly wears glasses.

I am sure there was a picture of Ralf wearing glasses last year some time.  Maybe he has his contacts in the wrong eyes. 

Or maybe he has his eyes on the wrong contacts........CONTRACTS.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle