collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 371
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1 is Boring!  (Read 3174 times)

Offline Wizzo

F1 is Boring!
« on: May 09, 2006, 11:34:03 AM »

Now many people I know tend to write off Formula One as being 'boring', because for them it is nothing more than 'cars going round in circles'.  >:(

However if you think about it, a similar criticism can be leveled at almost any sport. For example, Tennis is nothing more than two (or sometimes four people), hitting a ball backwards and forwards over a net on grass (or other appropriate surface). Cricket is nothing more than two teams of people throwing, hitting, running or catching a ball in the middle of a field. Football (or Soccer) is basically lots of people running around a large grassy area kicking a ball, trying to get it between two wooden posts.

How about Golf, which consists of nothing more than someone hitting a small ball around a fancy park using metal sticks? By the way... have you noticed that all these sports involve 'grass' and hitting a 'ball'? Therefore rather than be considered 'boring', isn't it nice to see that motor-racing is a refreshing alternative as it does not involve the use of a ball, or grass?

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline vanquish89

Re: F1 is Boring!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 08:58:09 PM »
However i can see that the level of entertainment for the viewers is nothing compared to the likes of GT racing....which im sure Wizard can vouch for as well! However i would never describe F1 as boring!
vanquish89.... :D

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 09:01:22 PM »

Ahhh, speaking of which, check out the new pictures in the image gallery of the Supercar Showdown. Which one would you take home?  :DntKnw:

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Ferrari12

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 12:25:14 PM »
F1, like any sport, can be boring unless you understand the rules and more importantly the skills and tactics involved (and even if you do, some races are still just a procession). The European GP last week-end for example was only really exciting if you understood the strategy battles that were going on and the tyre war that is now in full swing. Some races though (Australia this year) are just non-stop action.

The thing about F1, like many sports, is that you have to be passionate about it to get the best from it. The more you know about it, the groovier it gets. Can you say the same about Tennis I wonder!

It's chess on wheels really, although I defy anyone to go to a live F1 race and not find it exhilerating  :o

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 01:22:17 PM »

Welcome Ferrari12,

'chess on wheels'  :good:

American football is one, I have absolutely no idea what's going on and find the whole sport incredibly boring but there must be something in it otherwise Americans wouldn't watch it, Would they?  :DntKnw:

Perhaps we should try and educate these aliens who don't understand F1.

Wizzo

Offline Slugger

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 06:18:49 PM »
What about the world poker championships?  :lazy:

davewilson

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 07:20:06 PM »
Even the old poker is a bit like F1 Because they both get to  take a big Pot home at the end of the day
Dave

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 09:51:46 PM »
Yer so right there, my mate reckons it's boring watching cars go round & round but he'll happily sit at a lake all night carp fishing, catch bugger all,then say he enjoyed it. He can't understand how good it is as at Nurburgring when Schuey had enough gas for 3 more laps to make time for pit stop & get out ahead of Fernando yeesss he done it  :yahoo:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle