collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 335
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: No Penalty for McLaren  (Read 9439 times)

Offline raindancer

Re: No Penalty for McLaren
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2007, 05:52:33 PM »
I don't know what I did that whole has a glow. Sorry Gentlemen
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2007, 05:56:17 PM »
I dunno, I think it looks kinda cool, Raindancer.  :D
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Online cosworth151

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2007, 05:59:32 PM »
I don't know what I did that whole has a glow. Sorry Gentlemen

Just use the little Change Color box! 8)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline matthew

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2007, 08:49:43 PM »
Ron at his best: http://www.mclaren.com/latestnews/pdf/Letter%20from%20Ron%20Dennis%20to%20Luigi%20Macaluso.pdf

:good:

fiat might just regret all this. might very easily backfire now that they practically declared war with McLaren.  ::)

The Stig

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2007, 09:09:14 PM »
Great report Mathew.
It makes you think how long all this has been going on.If it was not bought to a head by the wife going to a copy shop,it may never had been discovered at all.
The saga will go on,but bent racing teams is the last straw.

Stig

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2007, 09:23:05 PM »
Ron doesn't often say much but when he does...  ;)
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline johnbull

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2007, 04:27:13 PM »
My thoughts exactly.

He's been waiting, holding back patiently, but it lookslike the bubble is about to burst.

I wouldn't like to be within a mile of Ron when that happens! :yahoo:
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2007, 07:19:12 PM »
Most people in F1 just put the boot in when they have a chance.  With Ron it is more like a scalpel.  Never misses the target and always avoids any collateral damage.

Offline raindancer

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2007, 01:30:11 PM »
Come on ! What he did say ? Just that Ferrari won with an illegal car in Australia ? Sounds like gripe to me. What has that got to do with having an employee found with Ferrari documents ????
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline rmassart

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2007, 05:57:13 PM »
Maybe I'm not following this as seriously as others but I think this whole saga is turning into an interesting soap opera! I  can't honestly see McLaren being docked points for what an employee of theirs had in their home. If it were that easy surely the teams would all be planting their design blueprints in the homes of rival engineers! I just consider this to be the usual Ferrari vs McLaren spat which surfaces every now and then. F1 being what it is teams will try anything to win. And as far as I'm concerned if Ferrari are not able to control who is taking out their blueprints and giving them to rivals then that's their fault. Obviously I'm not being entirely serious, but then this whole saga is a bit of a joke.

But far from distracting from the races I think it adds to the interest. I can just see it after the final race. Ferrari and McLaren tied for points, as well as their four drivers and then going through the courts and wheeling out their big lawyers. This will then set a precedent for the future seasons and soon we will not be discussing who's got the best drivers but who has the best lawyers.  Lawyers will be the celebrities and before we know it there will be no racing, just live televised court appearances with the added interest that each "round" will be held in a different country with different laws ::)

Offline Ian

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2007, 10:41:55 PM »
Is there any such thing as an interesting soap opera, think I'd rather watch Eastenders than follow this drivel
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Online cosworth151

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2007, 12:52:34 AM »
Ron Dennis has fired another letter from Woking, this time in the direction of Italian motor sport chief Luigi Macaluso:

Dear Mr Macaluso,

Thank you for your letter of 2nd August. My purpose in writing to you was to put forward a true record of the facts, given that, in the period leading up to and since the WMSC hearing, McLaren’s reputation has been attacked by a series of incorrect press reports from Italy and grossly misleading statements from Ferrari itself. Your letter of 1st August which was published to the media continued this campaign and left me with no alternative other than to respond.

You mention that Ferrari did not have “sufficient opportunity to present to the Court or to ask questions of key individuals”. This is not correct. Ferrari submitted a 118 page written submission which was sent to WMSC members on 20th July, prior to circulating the McLaren submission four days later and only two days before the hearing. Ferrari had lawyers of its choosing present and were at no stage prevented from asking questions or making submissions. Indeed Ferrari did make submissions and ask questions of witnesses. If the ICA chose to permit an appeal then we are confident that unanimous decision of the WMSC will be upheld. We are however, not comfortable with any attempts to undermine the credibility of the decision of the WMSC by a misleading version of events portraying Ferrari as having has insufficient opportunity to present its case. If Ferrari had wished to: submit more than 118 pages by the way of written submission; ask more questions; or make longer oral submissions then it could have done so. It is therefore not a case of an insufficient opportunity but just dissatisfaction with the outcome.

I did not intend to publish this letter but as I now find that your letter to me has been published I had no alternative other than to do this. I suggest that we now leave this process to the internal consideration of the FIA.

Yours sincerely,
RON DENNIS CBE
Chairman and CEO

CC:
Mr M Mosley (President – FIA)
Mr J. Todt (CEO – Ferrari SpA)

As they say on the soap operas: Tune in again tomorrow......

Cos
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle