collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 505
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: The New MINI Clubman  (Read 1094 times)

The Stig

The New MINI Clubman
« on: August 03, 2007, 09:59:20 PM »
The new MINI Clubman will go on sale in the UK on Saturday 10 November 2007. Based on a concept first shown at Frankfurt Motor Show in 2005, the new car is a modern interpretation of its famous Mini predecessors taking into account all the demands and technologies of the 21st century.

Available from launch in three engine variants: Cooper D, Cooper and Cooper S, the new model offers flexible use of space, easier access through innovative door concepts, more space for rear passengers and high levels of safety and customisation options, all without compromising the MINI’s revered driving dynamics.

The new car takes inspiration and styling cues from the Morris Mini Traveller, Austin Mini Countryman and the Mini Clubman Estate, which enjoyed widespread success in the 1960s. Combining enhanced functionality and versatility, the new MINI Clubman nevertheless stays true to the MINI design language with the retention of short body overhangs, wide track, a long wheelbase and the high shoulder line rising towards the rear.

The new MINI Clubman is 24cm longer than the Hatch, signifying 8cm more legroom for rear passengers and the opportunity for MINI to enter the market with five seats. Boot capacity has increased to 260 litres with the seats in place and up to 930 litres with the rear seats down. Access to this extra space has been made easier via the split rear doors and innovative Clubdoor on the right-hand side.

Modern high-performance engines, designed specifically for the 2nd generation MINI, feature new improvements to optimise fuel economy and emission management. Auto Start-Stop, Brake Energy Regeneration and a Gearshift Point Indicator are standard on all variants and help the MINI Cooper D Clubman to achieve a low emissions figure of 109 g/km CO2.   
The Clubman is the next body style in the MINI range to join the successful Hatch and Convertible models, which have sold over one million models since 2001. All three derivatives will be built at Plant Oxford, where £100 million has been invested in the past two years to increase production up to 240,000 by 2008. This is more than double the planned production capacity prior to the first car coming off the line in spring 2001.

As with the Hatch models, the petrol engines will be assembled at Plant Hams Hall in the Midlands and the body panels and sub-assemblies are from Plant Swindon. This ‘MINI production triangle’ employs approximately 6,800 production associates in the UK.

On-the-road-prices:

MINI Cooper - £14,235
MINI Cooper D - £15,400
MINI Cooper S - £17,210

Offline cosworth151

Re: The New MINI Clubman
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 10:09:25 PM »
I found a pix of the test mule, with the usual camo found on such beasts. Doesn't look too bad, even in hiding.

An original Clubman recently appeared back of the maintainance hanger at my home airfield. It's not in too bad a condition. I'm trying to find out who's it is.

Cos
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

The Stig

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 10:18:03 PM »
Hi,cos, I had a few photographs as well to contribute to the site,but i am still banned from viewing images on the site.
Makes you think what is going on?

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 06:38:42 PM »

Stig, what makes you think you're banned from viewing images on the site?

I have checked your permissions and you can view and post images like everyone else. Please let me know what problems you're having?
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

The Stig

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 01:53:48 AM »
Wizard,I will send a postal letter to you with the problems.I still get the no authorized message for the gallery ,and have just got back the Firefox and GoogleToolbar adverts back up?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle