collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 519
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hungarian GP.  (Read 4937 times)

Offline johnbull

Hungarian GP.
« on: August 03, 2007, 08:55:08 AM »
Kick off in just under 20 minutes for the Hungarian GP.

Just loaded the van up with tyres to be delivered today, so I can sit and follow live timing for the first practice session, before going out delivering.

With things as they are, the Friday performance is usually fairly indicative of how the various cars are going to go on Sunday. If they are quick today, they will probably be right up there Sunday too. Anyone placing any bets for winners on Sunday?

On a different tack, Michael Schumacher was in Malta over the weekend on holiday with his yacht. It's called Titan, I think.

I bet Kimi is wishing he stays here.

Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline johnbull

Re: Hungarian GP.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 09:05:57 AM »
Sorry, it's called TRITON, and here's a pic of it anchored off Ramla Bay in Gozo.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 01:12:22 PM »
It's a nice little skiff, isn't it?

Have a good trip, JB! :yahoo:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline johnbull

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 01:52:28 PM »
P 2 on at the mo.  How did Nando find 2 whole seconds since this morning?

Glad to see Renaults practicing what they've been preaching.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 02:54:34 PM »
The tires were graining terribly. The grooves were completely gone, as were the white lines on the softs. That doesn't bode well for Trulli. Graining tires have always been his Achilles’ heel. I was surprised he pulled a 9th in second practice, ahead of Ralf.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 10:47:28 PM »
I've only let MS borrow it for the weekend
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 10:56:04 PM »
It's not really THAT big. It only has a helo pad and not a full flight deck.
― Bob Dylan

Offline johnbull

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 11:27:20 AM »
Final practicejust finished with Massa taking it right at the end of the session. He got one blinder in but both Nando and Lewis were quick throughout.

We'll see what happens this afternoon.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2007, 02:50:17 PM »
.oO(Indeed we will...  :D)
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline johnbull

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 03:37:45 PM »
What did you guys think of Nando's antics?

I think it was disgusting, and gudging by the looks on Ron D's face so did he.

I'll bet there'll be a  bit of ronspeak this evening, aimed right at Nando.

Of course, if they're comfortably ahead with Nando up front, it will be easy for Ron to pay back. Someone can always keep Nando in the pits a while longer, seeing he seems to like it so much in there.

Eeerrrrrr sorry Nando, I couldn't release the rear jack. :nono: :nono: :nono:
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 05:43:52 PM »
Keith Collantine of F1 Fanatic (http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/) is amazing; I watch the qualifying to the finish, then come in here and check his blog - and he's already got two posts up, one on the qualifying and one on the Alonso incident.  Fortunately, I'm not in competition with him - he does news, I do opinion.

But the point is that his comments section immediately exploded into life and the consensus is that it was deliberate and just about everyone is disgusted.  It looked that way to me, too, even though I didn't want it to be true (you'll see that I predicted Alonso for pole but not this way, please!).  The FIA are investigating, although I don't see that it's any of their business; it's an internal team matter.

I would draw your attention to Hamilton's reaction, however.  The guy is just amazing and I'm now convinced that he is the best thing to happen to F1 for twenty years.  He said (with a huge grin on his face):

"I'm not angry. I'm curious as to what's gone on and I find it quite interesting and amusing," he added. "But the good thing is that we have the pace and we did a great job."

What a star, what a star...

Offline johnbull

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 05:56:39 PM »
My sentiments exactly on both the Schumacheresque behaviour of Alonso and the star qualities of Lewis H. Frankly I hope Lewis p1sses over him tomorrow. In fact I've changed my wager to reflect that. I'm sure Ron will see to it.

What a pity. I can't wait to see the first corner tomorrow, though I hope they don't take each other out, because if they do there WILL be fireworks from Ron.

I see Flav has changed his statement too. frankly I don't know why he's poking his nose into it. He's obviously still narked about the mass damper business.

Apart from all this, the racing itself was great. :bored:

On a different tack I have pit babe 110 on the side of my screen. Boy, she's got guts. But I love the look on Paul Stoddart's face. Priceless ! Cheeky begger. ;)
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2007, 06:02:07 PM »
You are incorrigible, John.  And you have the cheek to call me a dirty old man!

I'll have to think about changing my predictions for the race in view of today's events.  But at least I got pole right.  :D

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007, 06:30:30 PM »
That was freaking unbelievable!!!!! I would have loved to by in the McLaren garage after that. (although it could prob. be heard all the way down to Super Aguri!) Hamilton's reaction was was first rate. The more I see of that young man, the more impressed I am.

Think they'll be any "team orders" about Turn 1? I may change my bet, also.
― Bob Dylan

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 06:37:04 PM »
I've just read that it was announced after qualifying that the Hungaroring race stewards would investigate the incident. I hope they fry 'Nando.

Here's a thought: what if his excuse is, "Sorry, I was reading some Ferrari tech documents and didn't see the lollipop go up."
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle