collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 622
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hungarian GP.  (Read 4957 times)

Offline Chameleon

Re: Hungarian GP.
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 07:49:46 PM »
Things move on quickly in this game - Ron has spoken with the press and told them it was Hamilton's fault:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2007/08/04/dennis-says-alonso-not-to-blame/

The way I see it, Ron is holding the team together - just.  If one of his drivers weren't man enough to accept the blame, Ron's job would be impossible.  But make up your own minds...
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Online cosworth151

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2007, 09:00:12 PM »
I think Dennis is just trying to head off the stewards. McLaren would be far better off to keep both cars on the front row and settle things in house than to have Alonso moved to the tail. Hamilton would go along with that and take the misplaced blame. I doubt that Alonso would.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2007, 10:56:37 PM »
I don't think the stewards have the right to interfere in what is clearly a team matter.  But I agree that Alonso would not have accepted the blame for the sake of the team.  That is, in effect, what I meant.  ;)

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2007, 12:02:14 AM »
Well, it seems the stewards don't agree with me (silly fools) - they have penalised Alonso five places and he will start from sixth slot on the grid tomorrow.  Rush back to your predictions, everyone!

Oh, and McLaren will not score any constructor's championship points in the race.  Now there's a wise decision for you...   :DntKnw:

Online cosworth151

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2007, 12:14:00 AM »
I was just going agreeing with you, Cammy old friend. :D I agree that the stewards shouldn't get involved, but I read that they were investigating, anyway. Little people with big power......

I just heard about the penalty myself. Off to change my bet!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

FW14B

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2007, 09:29:37 PM »
It was a stupid thing for the stewards to do on so many levels.  Not only was it an internal issue, it also ruined the spectacle of having Alonso and Hamilton going like mad for the firsrt corner. 

Online cosworth151

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2007, 10:14:44 PM »
Moving Fisi back was insane. The whole thing started with Liuzzi. He slowed suddenly, Fisi did what he had to to avoid the STR, and that caused the Spyker to slow. It isn't like Yamamoto would have qualified anywhere other than last, anyway.
― Bob Dylan

Offline johnbull

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2007, 10:45:10 PM »
So these are the great minds that lead us: F..king Idiotic Ar..holes.

2 boobs in the space of as many minutes. Fizi was completely blameless, and the Mc laren affair was ...... just that.

Why do they keep poking their big noses in everybody elses business and screwing up what's left of our sport.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline raindancer

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2007, 12:59:00 PM »
It was Hamilton's fault.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2007, 02:51:28 PM »
Absolutely, Rainy.  And yet he was the only one to escape the mess without penalty...

Offline johnbull

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2007, 04:39:59 PM »
It was Hamilton's fault.
It depends who you are prepared to believe, and which version you are prepared to believe.

Those that watched qualifying will have noticed how LH pulled clear of Kimi whereas Nando held the whole lot up behind him. If Nando wanted to overtake, as he was told to do by the team, he should have followed Lewis and pulled away from Kimi.

Lewis says that's why he ran the first few laps of Q3 at the pace he did. It makes alot of sense.

What doesn't make sense was Nando's slow pace, so slow that in fact Kimi eventually nipped past.

I doubt we'll ever know what really went on, especially since the whole charade took a completely new complexion when the FIA put it's foot in it.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline raindancer

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2007, 01:33:15 PM »
Absolutely, Rainy.  And yet he was the only one to escape the mess without penalty...
Shades of Senna. Playing Dirty and than his team mate takes the Sh*t.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle