collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 361
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Driver of the round Hungarian GP  (Read 8476 times)

Offline Dare

Driver of the round Hungarian GP
« on: August 05, 2007, 10:06:36 PM »
your top 3 drivers for Hun. GP

1.   Heidfeld   nice podium finish

2.   Hamilton  withstood pressure from Kimi for nice win

3.   Kimi         fell just short of win

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Chameleon

Re: Driver of the round Hungarian GP
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 10:20:23 PM »
1...Alonso (provided us with the only overtaking in the race)

2...Heidfeld (stayed close enough to the two leaders to be able to take advantage if either or both of them developed a problem.  The BMW wasn't a match for either the McLaren or Ferrari today but Heidfeld got as much out of it as it had to give)

3...Raikkonen (got more out of the Ferrari than it had to give - as he always does)
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 10:27:10 PM »
1. Heidfeld - good podium finish, ran with the big dogs.

2. Hamilton - Ran a great race in spite of all the nonsense going on around him all week-end

3. Kubica - Got a first tier drive from a second tier car.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline johnbull

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 10:58:06 PM »
1. Hamilton. After such a difficult and distracting start to the weekend, to run a race like that with constant pressure from Kimi is something special.

2.  Kimi he is just magic. Always gives 100%. Shame he's in the wrong team. :yahoo:
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

FW14B

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 11:10:54 PM »
Hamilton- Nerves of steel

Kimi- pushed hard, but suffered from the usual dirty air problems and the issues of the track

Ralf  :o for fighting hard with Alonso behind him

Offline johnbull

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 11:14:50 PM »
Yes, I think Ralfie deserves a Mars bar too.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

FW14B

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 11:16:07 PM »
 :DD  I am in the camp that says Ralf deserves to be out of F1.  About 1 race in 20 he does anything worthwhile lately.

Offline raindancer

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 12:54:16 PM »
Alonso : for a fantastic overtaking move.
Kimi: for driving his guts out.
Rosberg: showing his class.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 03:00:43 PM »
I deliberately left out Hamilton from my list because his main competition had been taken out of contention by the cretinous stewards' ruling on what was an internal team matter.  I suspect that Rainy is in agreement with me.

Hamilton's race was not particularly good when we remember that the McLaren had a considerable performance advantage over the Ferrari at this circuit.  Raikkonen stayed with him all the way and I don't see Hamilton's retaining his lead as anything special on a track where overtaking is supposed to be impossible.  These days anyone can (and ought to) win from the front.  We might have seen a very different race had Alonso been allowed to contest the lead with his team mate (and it really didn't matter which of them gained pole).

Offline raindancer

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 01:55:50 PM »
I agree with Chammy. There was nothing great about Hamilton's drive after Alonso has been taken out. I think my vote goes to Rosberg actually for driver of the race.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

FW14B

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 04:17:18 PM »
I think the thing with Lewis in the race was that he is still pretty much a rookie and was under intense pressure from a car which was probably quicker in race conditions, and he did not make any mistakes other than a lock up.  Yes, it is easy to win from the front, but when still fairly new to F1 it is possible to make mistakes.  Heck, Massa isn't even new and he can get forced into mistakes when pushed the way Kimi was pushing. 

Unfortunately, although I am a massive Nico fan (as I am a Williams fan) I was a bit disappointed with his race.  Strategy was probably not down to him but going from 4th to 7th was a bit frustrating (and he was not the only driver to 3 stop as both BMW's did it and finished ahead of Nico.)  Still, I am just glad to see someone give Williams and Nico credits, so nice one raindancer!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 06:01:32 PM by LOcoolD »

Offline johnbull

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 05:08:19 PM »
When a new guy in his first season leads a GP from start to finish with arguably the quickest driver of the moment breathing down his neck, and we don't give him credit, it just proves how much we have grown to expect from this kid.

If say Fizi, or Coulthard, or Webber, or even Ralf had driven exactly the same race we would have all been lauding them like never before.

It says alot for LH.

In my book, anyone that can hold Kimi behind them for 70 laps is a hero, whatever the circuit.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

FW14B

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 06:01:40 PM »
Well said JB.

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 06:14:10 PM »
That says far more about your assessment of Raikkonen than it does on your estimation of Hamilton, John.  ;)

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 08:40:48 PM »
Sutil - for keeping a Honda behind him on merit in an 18-month-old car that's not only been developed with a budget a smidgenth of Honda's, but is about to be replaced by a faster machine...

Heidfeld - for a respectable podium, keeping out of trouble and not putting a wheel wrong all weekend (unlike those in front).

Hamilton - for having a steering problem and negating it to the extent that the rest of us only found out about it at the press conference. Even if the win itself was tainted by lack of competition, the mechanical sympathy deserves a thumbs-up.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle