F1 News & Discussions > F1 Experiences

Starting them young.

(1/2) > >>

johnbull:
We all know that Karting is how some of the World's greats started off on their road to Formula One glory.

Senna, Trulli, Button, Davidson, Shumi, and now Hamilton all started off in Karts. So I was thrilled to find some of our own local youngsters at a recent kart meeting I attended. And didn't they look super in their racing gear. They performed remarkably well too, particularly the kid nearest the camera in the pic. I think the oldest one is 9.

Aren't they great.

Chameleon:
Is that a Stafford in the dead centre of the photo?  Looks like one...

johnbull:

--- Quote from: Chameleon on August 10, 2007, 06:19:09 PM ---Is that a Stafford in the dead centre of the photo?  Looks like one...

--- End quote ---
I'm afraid I can't answer that one.

I thought you had spotted some old car somewhere until I spotted the dog.

Me and my one track mind. :DD Did I hear somebody say dirt track.

Chameleon:
Hehehe, sorry, John.  I used to breed Staffordshire Bull Terriers many years ago and I can't help noticing them in any situation.  After I'd posted, I realised that you might not know what I was talking about but then I thought, "Oh, what the heck, might give him something to keep his mind off those pit babes..."  ;)

It's typical of a Stafford to stand with its backside pointed at the camera so that you can't identify it, however.  :D

johnbull:
We do have dogs. Always have had.

In fact we have always had Pharaoh Hounds. We presently have a lovely 9 year old bitch called Isis ........ on Sundays, and the first thing that comes to our minds most other times. She's lovely but she has really quietened down since the old boy "Bullitt" died a couple of months ago. He was almost 16 so he had a good innings, but it's always sad when they go.

Isis has always had Bullitt for company, so this is the first time the poor girl is on her own, and she's really feeling it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version