collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 585
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Heidfeld & Kubica confirmed for 2008  (Read 2475 times)

Offline raindancer

Heidfeld & Kubica confirmed for 2008
« on: August 21, 2007, 06:06:46 PM »
After much speculation and waiting, BMW have finally confirmed Nick Heidfeld and Robert Kubica for next season.

Although many of the F1 teams have yet to reveal their 2008 line-up there was much speculation surrounding BMW's as Heidfeld looked to secure his future.

The German, arguably one of the best drivers on the grid this season, was seeking an early announcement and although BMW said he would have to wait until perhaps the end of the season, team boss Mario Theissen broke the news on Monday.

Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline cosworth151

Re: Heidfeld & Kubica confirmed for 2008
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 06:17:11 PM »
I'm glad to hear that. They are both good, solid drivers. I was very impressed with Kubica's behavior at Indy this year. It had to be terribly disapointing for him not to drive, but he still made the effort to come out and meet with the many Polish fans that came to the race.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline raindancer

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 06:19:38 PM »
Yes ! I think BMW has gone in for solidity for 2008 and given the right equipment both the drivers have the potential to become WDC. Wondering who among the two is more talented however ?
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 08:19:22 PM »
I don't much care whether Kubica or Heidfeld is the more talented - they're both hard-working, solid, reliable people who are exactly the sort of people BMW need to keep progressing. Good decision, BMW.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

FW14B

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 10:14:59 PM »
A good decision by BMW, they have both done really well for the team and I think can continue to push them forward.

Offline johnbull

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 11:14:06 PM »
I'm sure the continuity is going to pay off. Both are excellent drivers - very well matched too.

BMW will simply keep making progress, not starting again from scratch like other teams with new drivers do.

Kimi and nando are perhaps 2 of the most experienced drivers on the present F1 grid, yet we all saw how long it took both of them to "get into gear".

Interestingly there are other teams keeping the same driver line up next season. Ferrari, Mc Laren????
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Online Dare

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 11:54:29 PM »
I saw the other day where Kubica is complaining
about taking traction control off the cars next year
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 06:29:44 PM »
That's an unusual one - I know the F1 Racing attributed it to Robert liking the pure sensation of speed, but you'd struggle to find many other driver thinking the same way...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle