collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 565
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 'For Sale' signs up at Spyker F1  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Monty

'For Sale' signs up at Spyker F1
« on: August 15, 2007, 09:23:52 AM »
Anyone want to set up a whip-round. A few million should get a good slice of Spyker F1 so you could be a part of the team that is generally 4seconds a lap off the pace. I couldn't afford to stay competitive in F/Ford or keep my kids winning in Rotax karts but F1 money is just a joke. It's going to be interesting to see if there is another 'Red Bull' out there that can justify Monopoly money to buy into such a small team.

Offline cosworth151

Re: 'For Sale' signs up at Spyker F1
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 04:15:53 PM »
2005 - Jordan
2006 - Midland
2007 - Spyker
2008 - Your Name Here

I can't remember a team having 4 names in 4 years. This year I took extra Spyker pix on the grounds that it might be my only chance. Did the same thing with Midland last year.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 08:44:33 PM »
Relax, guys.  Michiel Mol is almost certainly going to save the team by buying into it.  He has already resigned his position as CEO at Spyker Cars to prevent a conflict of interest (Remember that, FIA?  The idea is to prevent dirty deeds at the crossroads when you do something like selling to one of the competing teams the right to produce standard ECUs for all of them).  So there's no hurry to get your camera out, Cozzie.

The team is quite upbeat about the future now since they will no longer have to help to pay off the debts of the car company, which will be a separate entity.  They will continue to be known as the Sypker team, however.
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 10:29:53 AM »
Much as it warms the cockles of my heart to hear monty's willingness (however jokily) to set up a whip-round, Spyker are only going to sell if they have to. What that really means is that if they can't raise the $11m to pay the next purchase instalment from Midland (which is due at the end of next month - payment three of four, I think), they will sell whatever is necessary to keep it out of Midland's hands.

If that means Michel Mol gets the team he loves so much, that's what will happen. Surely it is better for the team to be in the hands of someone who genuinely like the team for what it is rather than someone who sees it as purely a money-spinning exercise. Of course, not having to help pay off $15m of Spyker Cars debt will help the F1 team as well - though where that leaves Spyker Cars' finances is a worry. Whatever happens though, I am confident that Spyker F1 can look after itself.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline raindancer

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 01:55:08 PM »
We have a brand of Jeans in India called "Spyker". 11 M is actually small change for buying into an f1 team with Ferrari engines.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 11:47:10 AM »
The team isn't worth $11m. That's simply the amount that would have to be paid to Midland to keep Spyker F1 out of their hands. Spyker F1 is worth considerably more than that in normal circumstances - though if a rushed sale is necessary to stave off Midland, a discount will probably result.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline raindancer

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 01:04:56 PM »
I gathered as much. I meant $11M is small change for getting a percentage of a Team with Ferrari engines. Now whether it is 1% or 10% we do not know.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle