collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 608
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Coulthard - My battle with Bulimia  (Read 3160 times)

Offline Wizzo

Coulthard - My battle with Bulimia
« on: August 20, 2007, 01:15:27 PM »
David Coulthard has revealed his battle with the eating disorder bulimia. David, recently engaged to Belgian motorsport presenter Karen Minier, told how he forced himself to vomit to keep his weight down.

The Monaco-based multimillionaire, 36, said he became obsessed with his diet and exercised obsessively while in his teens.

In his new autobiography, Coulthard, from Twynholm, Kirkcudbrightshire, said: "By my teens, I was nearly the same height I am now but I weighed just over nine stone.

"The problem was as I got taller, I started to become a lot heavier than some of my counterparts. I stopped eating fattening foods and before I knew what had happened, I was bulimic.

"In my mind, the only way I could keep my weight down was by making myself vomit.

"At first, I was just very, very lean. I became skin and bone but I weighed myself every morning, noon and night.

"In the evening, if I was half a pound heavier I would get in the pool and swim. Some people would say it was obsessive behaviour but you don't achieve a certain level of success without some form of dedication."

Coulthard, who has been engaged twice before to Texan heiress Heidi Wichlinski and Brazilian model Simone Abdelnour, said much of his playboy image was exaggerated.

He said: "In 1999, I bought a yacht called Highlander and took a party around Sardinia. Unbeknown to me, one female guest started having sex with another woman on the foredeck who was, incidentally, smeared in strawberries and daiquiri.

"The paparazzi were snapping away but I was just minding my own business, drinking some tea out of a Wallace and Gromit mug on the deck."

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle