collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 344
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Toby (Race Day Mascot)  (Read 1728 times)

Offline Wizzo

Toby (Race Day Mascot)
« on: September 12, 2007, 12:22:19 PM »

Some of you already know that Toby my chocolate Labrador and race day mascot suddenly turned very ill on Saturday.

It started with a small amount of vomit and gradually became worse as the day wore on. My first thoughts was he had eaten some grass or something similar and this was causing the upset. However, by the time Saturday evening had arrived he was being sick on the hour - every hour! Then the final straw came when he chocked up some blood and the emergency vet was called.

She prescribed injections of an anti sickness drug and morphine to ease any pain that he might be in together with a rapid course on antibiotics. The morphine knocked him out cold for hours and I just kept him in a warm quite corner (see below).

He eventually woke up from the morphine injection and although he was walking around his eyes were glazed over and he just seemed to look straight through me. This carried on for hours but his focus gradually returned and he started to find his feet again. I'd been using a syringe to give him water whilst he was asleep as dehydration was a concern and this seemed to do the trick.

We was back at the vets at 8:30am Sunday morning and Toby was almost excited to go (he loves going to the vets???) the vet was impressed with his recovery and proscribed a further dose of antibiotics for the rest of the week. The verdict is still that he ate something that poisoned him and he ripped his stomach lining which caused the blood in his vomit.

His prescribed menu consists of chicken breast and rice 3 times a day - he's eating better than me and loving it!!! (sorry Mrs Wiz). He's still not back to his old self yet but its good to see some alertness back in his face, fingers crossed it's all over and I can breath a sigh of relief. Phew!

Never fear our mascot will be back for Spa!

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline romephius

Re: Toby (Race Day Mascot)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 12:27:17 PM »
I am glad Toby is on the mend....give the little fella a scratch behind the ears for me.....

Rom

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 12:33:30 PM »
The glazed eyes were the result of the morphine.  Dogs seem to recover very slowly from anaesthesia, much more so than humans.  I can remember one of my staffies staggering around like a drunk after waking from an anaesthetic - she was obviously puzzled that her body was not doing as she told it to but was damned if she was going to let that stop her!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 10:43:32 PM by Chameleon »
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 12:46:12 PM »
Good news Wiz,hope he joins us
for Spa
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 01:03:02 PM »
Very good news indeed! Toby had all of us worried Sunday. Glad to hear he's on the mend. :yahoo:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline johnbull

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 04:35:10 PM »
Glad to read that Toby's on the mend.

We had to put our old boy down recently. He was almost 16 years old, going very blind and deaf, and couldn't climb steps any more. The bitch - Isis, who was 7 years younger and was brought up with him all her life, took it terribly and has changed completely since Bullit passed on, from the absolute nutcase with a mind of her own that she was before. She now sticks to my wife Carolyn like glue.

We miss Bullit but she seems to miss him even more. We've always had at least 1 dog in the house.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 06:48:08 PM »
Good to hear Toby's getting better, and sorry to hear that he was ill in the first place.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 06:51:40 PM »
 :'( all the best Toby, here's to a speedy recovery!

Neil.P

Offline Ian

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 08:25:13 PM »
Poor old Toby, glad he's on the up and up Wiz.

ps, my missus ain't happy that Toby nicked my dinner, I was supposed to eat it
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle