collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 93
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16179 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13017 Posts
John S John S
11295 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Alonso  (Read 2304 times)

Offline Scott

Re: Alonso
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 09:48:05 AM »
Having one of two fast drivers disgruntled is a huge difference than the behaviour Alonzo is displaying.  He is DEMANDING (and blackmailing) that he have #1 status, based on his performance at another team in a different situation, just because a rookie who he didn't count on having much speed turned out to blow his doors off the first few races.  Who is to say that Lewis wouldn't have trounced him the last two years if he had been in the McLaren earlier?  Then what status would Alonzo have expected?  No, if he was simply unhappy and just shut up and raced, then there would be no problem, but he wants to screw Dennis simply due to his feathers not being primped enough.

I question if Nico has any such status at Williams - I think Wurz has the higher salary, which usually indicates 'status' if one can say there is any such thing at Williams.  He is simply #1 because he has more points, but I doubt he gets any special treatment.

Button may be under-rated, but after what Ron just went through and knowing Button's past bahaviour between Williams/Honda/Richards, I doubt Ron would touch him.  The last thing he needs is another whiner.  And 'fairly fast' doesn't cut it at McLaren...would he be any faster than Pedro?  Who Ron could stick in the seat for a pittance?  Not saying he would, just that he could.

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Monty

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 04:30:01 PM »
Obviously there is a lot of speculation. I still think Button has sufficient talent to win a drivers championship. However, I do not think McLaren will approach him, plus I don't think he would try to buy his way out of a contract (again). Also, Honda are used to winning so I have to believe that they will get their car sorted next season so perhaps Button can finally show his talent in his current team.

Offline jontywilliams

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 04:48:17 PM »
BBC Sport says rumour that Heidfeld is going to McLaren. Perfect fit in my view.

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 05:18:44 PM »
Lewis and Nico were team mates in karting.  In a team run by Keke.  Lewis was faster so why would Nico put himself in a situation which could ruin his reputation?  I confess I cannot see why having two British drivers is of benefit to anyone.  You have a team which has German and Spanish sponsors so it would make more sense to put a German or a Spaniard in the other seat and try to hang on to them.

Heidfeld was signed to McLaren before he started a GP.  McLaren had the choice of him or Kimi when they were at Sauber.  Why take a driver now when you could have had him years ago?  The Heidfeld to McLaren rumour comes out every time a McLaren seat becomes available.

Offline Scott

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2007, 10:27:13 AM »
Not to mention that Heidfeld is enjoying his best season to date at a team that really stands behind him - why move to McLaren and end up trying to keep up to Hamilton?  Naw, Nick won't be tempted.  Besides, BMW may wipe the field with their car next year if they continue to improve at the rate they have already.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline jontywilliams

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2007, 10:49:45 AM »
Mclaren need a safe Number 2 to Hamilton. Who else fits the bill? He's German, a consistant scorer, a known quantity and probably not safe at BMW in the longer term. They clearly want to bring thier young guys through, with an established race winner on board.

Offline raindancer

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2007, 08:08:40 AM »
Mclaren had Nick in a Contract before and let go. Even assuming Mclaren want Nick, Nick may not want to be a part of Mclaren.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle