collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 139
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16156 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11273 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hammy the mouth  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Ian

Hammy the mouth
« on: September 30, 2007, 10:26:02 AM »
Why can't Hamilton keep his big mouth shut and let RD do the talking off track and do HIS talking on track, he's now shouting Alonso should be sacked, I don't like Alonso but thats down to the manager who's sacked and who is'nt.

An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Hammy the mouth
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 02:36:27 PM »
Do the McLaren drivers do anything other than argue when they're not racing? I say lock them both in a simulator room and tell them not to come out until they've learned to be civil about each other...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 02:43:38 PM »
I have to say I don't mind his comments.  I have had enough of sterile politically correct drivers who do nothing but thank anyone has written a cheque for their team.  Turn the drivers lose and le us hear what they really think.

Offline raindancer

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 07:46:32 PM »
Looks like Hamilton is being used as an official slug boy. Bernie has gone on to say that Ron is vindictive enough to pay Alonso $ 17 M a year and not having him drive ???
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 07:58:46 PM »
I refuse to believe anything Bernie says.

Ron's attitude like Frank Williams is that the team comes first.  Given that Alonso effectively cost him $100 million plus a load of grief from the FIA it is hardly vindictive not to allow him to do it again.  It would be crazy to keep him.  Especially if Hamilton has the number 1 plate. 

Offline raindancer

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 08:03:02 PM »
I am shocked with this assertion that Alonso costed him $ 100 M
Do you mean to say that people should keep quiet even if the team has illegal information with them.
Should a member of the team conspire within just because he is a team member ?
Becoming an employee of Mclaren means that one should keep quiet of all the shenanigans of the team ?
BS
You people have strange views on loyalty and it reminds me of "OMERTA"

Offline johnbull

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 09:13:11 PM »

Becoming an employee of Mclaren means that one should keep quiet of all the shenanigans of the team ?

YES.   Would you employ a known turncoat?
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Online Dare

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 09:21:36 PM »
Raindancer you need to read the lines then read between
the lines.How could Bernie know what Ron thinks.Seems
the only vindictive person around is Alonso,who do you
think started this 2nd round of the spying saga.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 11:44:57 PM by dare »
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 11:33:08 PM »
Alonso kept his mouth shut as long as he thought it was to his advantage to do so.  He had these e-mails on his computer and only threatened to reveal them when he thought he could blackmail Ron Dennis.  As soon as he did this Ron phoned Max and told him that the e-mails existed.  Personally I still find a lot of the wording of the e-mails strange and cannot believe that Alonso and de la Rosa would use a phrase like 'Mike Coughlan our designer'.  Presumably they could refer to him and Nigel Stepney without the need for quoting job titles.  I have read articles written by journalists who believe the e-mails didn't exist until after Ron made his call to Max. 

Why would Ron tell Bernie what his plans are?  Bernie is taking advantage of a vacuum of information and putting out the most controversial version of possible events to get publicity.

I consider myself to be Scottish not British so a team or driver being British is not going to make me support them.  I have made my views on Jenson Button, Nigel Mansell and Damon Hill for example quite clear in other posts here and at Pitlane.  I absolutely abhor the British press's attitude that we should all get behind a British driver.  Drivers and teams should be judged by their actions not by their nationality or by the nationality of the license they hold.

Offline romephius

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 02:46:50 AM »

YES.   Would you employ a known turncoat?

What a ridiculous thing to say JB, I am sorry, but, would you want an employee that is going to allow illegal things to occur just so they don't wear the tag "turncoat".  I would want a person that is able to use their discretion in knowing when it's appropriate to open their mouths and when to bite their tongues.

This, as always is my opinion....

Rom

Offline raindancer

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 07:03:59 AM »
The Issue is not Alonso. The issue is Mclaren did something illegal. So do you all expect to keep quiet if your employer is doing something Illegal. Alonso chose to blow the lid away, someone else could have done it.
The key is not to do anything illegal.

Offline johnbull

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 08:45:37 AM »
I respect your opinion Rom, even if I beg to differ.

Team spirit is team spirit. In my book, if you're in a team, you're WITH that team. You defend them through thick and thin.

But then I might be too much of the old school.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline raindancer

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 10:07:40 AM »
Sounds like the Mafia to me. The greatest wrongdoings in History were perpetrated because of the Silence of the well meaning people.
Sounds like BS to me and if Team Spirit involves cheating and conniving says very little about the team.

Offline romephius

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 10:32:37 AM »
Raindancer, JB does have a point with Team Spirit, I know this from experience...in my company it is completely un-acceptable to bad mouth your product, company or team mates... However discretion is used by all members and if something needs to be said it is handled by the correct person. 

I suppose that was my point.....a time for statements and a time for silence.

Rom

Offline johnbull

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 11:26:19 AM »
Raindancer, JB does have a point with Team Spirit, I know this from experience...in my company it is completely un-acceptable to bad mouth your product, company or team mates... However discretion is used by all members and if something needs to be said it is handled by the correct person. 

I suppose that was my point.....a time for statements and a time for silence.

Rom

I couldn't have put it better myself Rom.

You Aussies have the right knack. ;)

Which reminds me of agood one from my school days.

Sgt major inspecting the troops comes up to Jimmy who is always out of step.

"You obviously haven't got the right knack young man" says the sgt major.

"No sir. I haven't got the left one either".
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle