collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 479
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hammy the mouth  (Read 2414 times)

Offline Steven Roy

Re: Hammy the mouth
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 12:55:33 PM »
Alonso chose to blow the lid away, someone else could have done it.

Alonso did not choose to blow the lid away.  He assumed that like him Ron Dennis would say nothing if he knew about illegal information and that he could blackmail him into giving him number one status.  Ron Dennis made the phone call which blew the lid away.  Alonso assumed Ron was making an idle threat and tried to back down later on.  At no time did Alonso try to inform the FIA.

I though Montoya's comments on de la Rosa were interesting.  Aparently Pedro has always phoned people up looking for information and giving out information in order to get some. 

Offline Scott

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 01:47:22 PM »
The Issue is not Alonso. The issue is Mclaren did something illegal. So do you all expect to keep quiet if your employer is doing something Illegal. Alonso chose to blow the lid away, someone else could have done it.
The key is not to do anything illegal.

A Ferrari employee did something illegal - a McLaren employee also did (being in possession of stolen property), but beyond that, everything is speculation.  Ding them both a couple mill and close the case.

I'm with Steven Roy - these emails may not have even existed before Ron called the FIA, and I think many of us know how ridiculous it is to use email or much of anything electronic as prime evidence, and I doubt the FIA has anyone with enough expertise to seriously evaluate it.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline romephius

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 01:55:22 PM »
Actually electronic evidence is quite good as the average user has no administrative access to the server, therefore, the mail server logs will be easily checked for the validity of the claims.  Even as an adminitrator you can't change the logs.  All you need to do is check the date time stamps on the e-mail against the log....if they don't match, the e-mail is a fake.... Simple and effective really.

Rom

Offline johnbull

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2007, 03:51:09 PM »
Actually electronic evidence is quite good as the average user has no administrative access to the server, therefore, the mail server logs will be easily checked for the validity of the claims.  Even as an adminitrator you can't change the logs.  All you need to do is check the date time stamps on the e-mail against the log....if they don't match, the e-mail is a fake.... Simple and effective really.
Rom
And do we know that the FIA, or anybody for that matter, did this?
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline romephius

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2007, 03:53:58 PM »
That is a brilliant and quite frankly a more pertinent question there JB.....but that question has a flip side.... Do we know that this hasn't been done??

Just offering the flip side question

Rom

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2007, 05:28:19 PM »
But why didn’t the FIA follow the precedent they set with the Toyota case? Employees convicted in a court of law, at company with a dismal record of cheating in motorsport (i.e. WRC) and no penalty whatsoever.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline raindancer

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2007, 06:47:37 PM »
very difficult to fake e-mails as I mentioned in one of my earlier posts. It requires a conspiracy of gigantic proportions with severe penalties more so in the European context.
I think is not doubt the existence of these e-mails.
I for one do not believe that more people in Mclaren didn't know of this info. That is impossible considering the number of people and the cross functional nature of their jobs to make a good F1 Car.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline Monty

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2007, 09:52:01 AM »
I know that the whole point of the forum is for people to express their opinions. My only concern is that some of the very forceful opinions are based on information from the press and not on facts.
Every time I see someone write '....when a team does something illegal.....' I want to scream.
If a team did something illegal i.e. breaking the law, then of course something should be done. However we are talking about someone being accused of breaking the rules (still no proof by the way) and this is just big business. Somewhere, someone in your business will be breaking the rules and you will know about it. You will not blow the whistle because you are a team player or you are scared of losing your job, either way nobody will think any the worse of you.
Now there are loads of reports about what Hamilton is alledged to have said. I read the reports but I have never heard him say most of what was claimed. I hear that one of the Spanish papers gave a full report of an interview which Hamilton has proved never took place!
All this said, I agree with the overview that I wish all of the drivers would shut-up, take their huge salaries and get on with what they are paid for; 'racing' (not just driving but racing).

Offline raindancer

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2007, 04:24:20 PM »
Good one Monty. Just to add my two bits here. We also do not have too much information to the Contrary and I agree that the press puts words into the Mouth of Sportspersons but a key clause in the contract is that Drivers do not go half cocked and blurt out in front of the media without prior approval.
So please understand that most statements are approved by individual teams or do not fall in the realm of of jeopardising team rules.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle