collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 186
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16182 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13028 Posts
John S John S
11302 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Britore speaks  (Read 969 times)

Offline Dare

Britore speaks
« on: October 05, 2007, 02:43:39 AM »
this is'nt new but the more I think about
it,it irks me.To me Flavio is admitting
Fisi never had a fair playing field.

Briatore believes Alonso would not have joined McLaren if he had known that he would have to fight on equal terms with Lewis Hamilton.

"If before signing the contract they told Fernando: 'come with us but you won't have any sort of advantage', he wouldn't have gone," the Renault boss suggested.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline romephius

Re: Britore speaks
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 05:12:25 AM »
This just confirms that Alonso never desrved either world championship, he was just the person in the fastest most reliable equipment in the field with an un-fair advantage of his team mate, put Webber in one of those cars and he would have won it.....same can be said of almost any driver in the field.

Alonso just doesn't have what it takes to wear the mantle of World Driver Champion, I have felt this all along and now Flav has come out and given us the statement that seems to back it all up.

Lewis on the other hand is showing he does have the right stuff.

As always this is just my opinion.

Rom

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 07:56:14 AM »
Totally agree Rom,I've said before and I'll say it again, Alonso is only good when he can lead from the front, if he has to fight from further back he's no good
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

FW14B

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 08:52:56 AM »
I think that Alonso is a fantastic driver, but these comments certainly do diminish some if not most of what he has achieved.  We know Michael Schumacher had the run of things at Ferrari, but he also achieved successes in cars that weren't dominant and had to fight.  Arguably last season's Renault was not as dominant as the 2005 one, but it was still very fast and since he was undisputed number one it meant he could concentrate solely on winning the championship, whereas Michael actually had races in the title run in where he lost out to Massa. 
I think Hamilton is showing Alonso that he is not worthy of demanding number 1 status in a team if there is a fast driver partnered with him.  Still, it will be interesting to see how Fernando reacts to this season should he not win the championship and should he move to another team.

Offline johnbull

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 03:32:45 PM »
Alonso inside a racing car is brilliant. As good as anyone.

The trouble starts when he gets out and opens his mouth.

Do the words SPOILT BRAT come to your mind too?
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline romephius

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 03:34:25 PM »
While I may not agree on his driving prowess, I honestly could not AGREE more about him being a spoilt brat JB. 

Good call mate.

Rom  :good:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle