collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 377
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: oops a daisy  (Read 4499 times)

CrazyHorse

oops a daisy
« on: October 03, 2007, 02:40:34 PM »
our favourite friend, white van man, didnt see me, pulled straight out of his driveway onto the road, although i slammed on...he hit the front of me with his passenger side.

i was a bit depressed at first. especially when the engineer said it was a write off, (im getting £2,800), but ive just ordered a brand spankin new black scooby doo for the end of november. its only the bog standard wrx but for 14 grand...whos complaining  :yahoo:

Online cosworth151

Re: oops a daisy
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 04:05:49 PM »
our favourite friend, white van man, didnt see me, pulled straight out of his driveway onto the road, although i slammed on...he hit the front of me with his passenger side.

I didn't do it!

Cos (White Van Man since 1983)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

CrazyHorse

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 11:11:03 PM »
LOL hopefully not the same van since '83 tho eh

ive been driving 18 years, and prior to getting the volvo i'd never had a crash, but always driving on the motorway, i wanted one just in case

since ive had the volvo, 2 times ppl have just pulled out into me, first time was on the motorway at about 90 mph by a fiat panda that pulled into the outside lane and just bounced off me  :DD i needed a new wing and door and the panda was written off  :yahoo:

think its cos the car is silver, blends into the uk's nice grey coloured sky or the road. Was going to get a a nice shiney bright red car next cos everyone will be able to see that, but apparently they're most likely to get hit, black is least likely to get hit, so black it is

ive got one of these ford mondeo's 130bhp diesel with 6 gears until i get paid out....for a diesel it dont arf shift  :yahoo:

Offline johnbull

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 11:24:04 PM »
I've always had brightly coloured cars. Red ones or yellow ones.

Red Cooper S, Red Alfa Giulietta, and now Red FIAT Marea TD Weekend. Also yellow Cooper S and yellow Ford Transit van.

Bright coloured cars can be seen better when they crash. :yahoo:

Oh, Crazy H. You mean to tell me a little ding like that is considered a write off? Not where I come from it wouldn't be. ;) two to three hundred quid to repair.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

CrazyHorse

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 11:25:57 AM »
a bumper costs 300 quid alone.

last crash was 3 grand for a wing and a door

volvo parts are expensive, but the labour is the killer

Online cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 02:45:12 PM »
My current Ford van is a little over 2 years old. I've gone easy on this one. It only has about 177,000 miles on it.

The company seems to like white vans. As you say, they must be hard to see. People seem to pull out on us all the time. You'd think it would be hard to miss a full size van with ladders on the roof. (Even a 12' bright orange one) We joke that the stealth switch must be stuck on.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

CrazyHorse

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 08:15:33 AM »
man thats a lotta miles, only another 50k or so miles and u could of driven to the moon

Online cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 03:11:59 PM »
man thats a lotta miles, only another 50k or so miles and u could of driven to the moon

We usually put about 250,000 on them in 2 to 2 1/2 years, then turn them in for new ones.
― Bob Dylan

CrazyHorse

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 03:24:43 PM »
well ive been paid out and my new car gets delivered on the 7th November. its a 2007 Subaru Impreza wrx 4 door saloon, not one of these new horrible hatch back things  :sick:

its imported from cyprus but a UK spec. Cost 13 grand there, im paying 15 for it, still saving 6 grand on UK dealer prices.

thats 6 grand to spend on mods.  :yahoo:     its going to get turned into a monster  >:D

ive still got this ford mondeo courtesy car. its ok for motorway driving u get 45mpg out of it, but its horrible and boring to drive, so if youre thiking of buying one dont, its more fun walking

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 03:51:51 PM »

Nice one crazyhorse  :good:

You may know this site already but if you don't they have everything you'll ever need to know about Scooby's.

http://www.sidc.co.uk/

Don't forget to let your turbo cool down!  :D
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Online cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 04:14:01 PM »
Congrats on the new ride, crazyhorse! :good:

I'll bet you can guess what link I'd put up about this:

http://www.cosworth.com/shop_range.php?changecountry=true&cid=32&typeid=42

Hope you put up some pix when you can.

Cos
― Bob Dylan

CrazyHorse

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 04:28:06 PM »
HI GPW and Cosworth

ive already registered at sidc  :good:    thanks for that link cosworth, i like the sound of a wrx cosworth  :yahoo:

cant wait, wanted one  of these things since 1995 :D

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 04:47:01 PM »

A friend of mine supplies uprated parts for scooby's, you can find him here:

http://www.sideauto.co.uk/

If you need any advice then give him a call he's a great bloke.
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

CrazyHorse

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 04:55:37 PM »
cheers GPW    :good:

CrazyHorse

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 12:38:40 PM »
god bless u white van man  :good:

shes a 2007 hawkeye and had 20 miles on the clock when i got her yesterday, shes now got 200 miles. Gotta put 1000 miles on her before i can listen to what the engine really sounds like. Not been  above 3000 rpm yet  :lazy:

its blowing a gale and someting similar to a monsoon outside now but more pics to follow when weather improves and shes had a wax n stuff

« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 12:40:49 PM by crazyhorse »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle