collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 115
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16178 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13016 Posts
John S John S
11293 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Ron will Pay Alonso $ 17 M and Not allow him to drive next year. - Bernie  (Read 1454 times)

Offline raindancer

How vindictive can Mclaren be ?

Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline Scott

C'mon, that's just Bernie stirring the pot - Ron's not that much of an idiot, plus I don't think he has that much change left rattling around in his wallet.  Alonzo wants out as much as Ron wants him out (or more), so you know they will come to a 'mutually' agreeable arrangement - i.e. Renault picking up his retainer should do just fine.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline raindancer

Sure ! Just stirring up the goose a bit. ;)

Offline johnbull

I can see Ron D coming out of this lot smiling.

The noises at the moment are that Ross Brawn will be replacing Jean Todt at Ferrari, and Alonso will be replacing Massa.

Ron knows all about adding 1 + 1. He will gladly accept - was the fine a hundred million dollars? - from Ferrari to release Alonso.

And Ferrari will have ended up paying the fine to their buddies the FIA.

And we'll chuckle again next season when Kimi p 1 sses all over Nando, and LH, with all the team's support will win his second World Championship on the trot. ;)
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline raindancer

John ! You are one hell of an optimist or an astrologer predicting the future.

Offline Scott

I read that Todt said that Alonzo will not join Ferrari next year because Ferrari honours their contracts, yet another story said that Luca wanted Alonzo, and that was why Todt's tenure was in jeopardy.  First of all, seems pretty silly to me that Luca would gamble Ferrari's future only on Fernando (i.e. with Todt gone, even with Braun there, Ferrari, the road car company would suddenly be captain-less).  The other twist was that Braun wouldn't return to the team unless Todt was gone.  So here's my solution to Luca - move Jean to FIAT, take over Ferrari again yourself, and bring back Braun, Fernando and anyone else you like.

I don't think Ferrari will pay $100m for Fernando - no chance.  I doubt even Phillip Morris will (who is reportedly paying Kimi's wage directly).
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Steven Roy

Philip Morris have paid all the Ferrari drivers retainers for a very long time now. 

Offline raindancer

Tobacco business is not exactly the flavor of the season Steven !

Offline jhbulldogboy

Gettin back to the original post... Dennis seems to be a vindictive sort, and he may force Alonso' to drive next year, but it really looks like Alonso wants to drive for Briatore, wherever he is. As much as I dislike both of them...I have to admit that they were an excellent combination. Ultimately, Alonso will probably end up back at Renault, Flavio will get their act back together, and it will be a three or four team fight for the championship like it should be. It may not happen next year, but within a couple of years it will be so.

Offline rmassart

Isn't Flavi switching to football with the mighty QPR? Maybe FA will be playing striker before too long...

Offline Steven Roy

Re: Ron will Pay Alonso $ 17 M and Not allow him to drive next year. - Bernie
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 06:31:44 PM »
Make up your minds.  One is saying it would be vindictive to make Fernando drive next year and another says it would be vindictive to stop him driving. 

I have to say I have never seen Ron Dennis do anything vindictive.  As I have said elsewhere the only reason Alonso is not already world champion is because he dropped the car in China and behaved like a prat in Hungary.  If McLaren or Ron Dennis were vindictive they would have stopped him getting anywhere near that position this season.

Offline johnbull

Re: Ron will Pay Alonso $ 17 M and Not allow him to drive next year. - Bernie
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 10:02:14 PM »
Alonso expected Macca to treat him as Number 1 but he didn't perform like a Number 1.

Simple as that. And I'm talking about his driving, not his mouth.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle