collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 482
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Best Boss ever!!  (Read 4545 times)

Offline romephius

Best Boss ever!!
« on: October 15, 2007, 06:02:31 AM »
G'day guys, I am bragging to anyone and everyone about this...... I have been told I am working out of one of our other offices for 1 week, so, to make up for the VERY short notice of a 500km relocation for such a small amount of time they have decided to send me to Indy on the Gold Coast for saturday and sunday, ALL EXPENSES PAID!!........

Sorry I just had to tell more people...... it will be my first open wheel race of an international standard.  My previous open wheel races were just at the local cart track.

:yahoo: WOO HOO FOR ME  :yahoo:

But on a sadder note.......I will not be making it for the final race chat session as far as I know....  :'(

Rom  :D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 06:21:57 AM by romephius »

Offline Wizzo

Re: Best Boss ever!!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 08:58:02 AM »

WOW! Well done to you mate, I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.  :good:

I don't know how I will break the chat room news to Toby.  :(
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline romephius

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 10:31:23 AM »
Thank you very much Wiz.... I will still try to make it...... but just in case give Toby a kiss on the cheek and scratch Mrs Wiz behind the ear...... I will taking as many photos as I can.....

The only way my bosses can improve on this is by sending me to Melbourne next year for the start of the season.

Rom

Offline romephius

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 11:25:38 AM »
How it's all done:

Fast Facts

Construction of the Gold Coast street circuit generally begins in mid-August with the positioning of the first pedestrian bridge at the northern end of the circuit and preliminary work for Pit Buildings on Macintosh Island. The building process took less than 100 days in 2006 encompassing construction, the four days of the Event and demobilisation. The schedule has been reduced each year although the infrastructure inventory has tripled from 1991, when it was 199 days.

The circuit is constructed of 2515 concrete blocks which all weigh four tonnes each. They are moved to the circuit six at a time on the back of semi-trailers and then positioned by construction staff.

The 4.47km circuit uses 10km of heavy-duty debris fencing, 16km of security fencing, and 10 temporary bridges. Approximately 100km of cabling is required and 6000 man-hours of electrical reticulation. Approximately 13,500 grandstand seats are constructed around the circuit. In total there are approximately 420 temporary structures used for the Event. There are more than 140 corporate hospitality suites that can cater for groups of 10 to 280 people. More than 70 hard-wall portable buildings are used for team and administration needs. Approximately 190 temporary buildings are used for facilities including the event Media Centre, Medical sites, Merchandise Sales and Emergency Services.

During the construction process, best endeavours are made to allow two traffic lanes to remain open on the Gold Coast Highway at all times with the speed limit on the Gold Coast Highway southbound reduced from 70km/h to 50km/h. At some periods this is again reduced to 40km/h in specific zones which are sign posted.

This information was sourced from www.indy.com.au

Rom

P.S.  Can anyone tell that I am a wee bit excited by this??

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 12:28:31 PM »
Yes, rom, I can! And I'm not in the least bit surprised :D
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 01:45:11 PM »
Enjoy Rom.

Why is it called Indy if it is Champ Cars?  Doesn't Tony George own the rights to the Indy brand in motor sport?

Offline romephius

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 01:54:42 PM »
To be honest Steven...... I have absolutely no idea.......

Rom  :DntKnw:

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 04:14:33 PM »
Enjoy Rom.

Why is it called Indy if it is Champ Cars?  Doesn't Tony George own the rights to the Indy brand in motor sport?

Only in the USA. Tony took CART (now Champ Car) to court over it and won. However, since it was a US court, the ruling only applies in this country.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 04:39:10 PM »
Enjoy Rom.

Only in the USA. Tony took CART (now Champ Car) to court over it and won. However, since it was a US court, the ruling only applies in this country.

I knew our Cos would have the answer :good:
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 04:42:47 PM »
By the way, Rom, I forgot to send congrats! Minardi, Stoddart and Cosworth engines. Sound good to me!

Hve a great time, mate! :yahoo:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 07:45:32 PM »
Your really not looking foward to it are you Rom, much, enjoy it mate, every second of it.  :yahoo:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline romephius

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2007, 11:10:55 AM »
Absolutely INCREDIBLE.......... is the only way to put it..... V8 Supercars are sooooo loud.... Champ Cars...... very small.... very fast........ very nice to listen to for 1 hour 45 minutes

Here is a sample of what I got upto at the track.....

Wiz.... notice the hat...... LOL

Rom

P.s. more pics will come as I get myself sorted out back at home after tuesday

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2007, 02:26:39 PM »
Good to see you're enjoying yourself, rom!
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2007, 03:36:53 PM »

I can see Champ Cars has it good points!  ;)

Glad you enjoyed yourself Rom - Nice Hat!  ::)
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 03:31:17 PM »
With all of that and you still took the time to watch the races! ;)

Glad you had a good time, mate! Look forward to the pix.
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle