collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 595
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1 Memorabilia  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Dare

F1 Memorabilia
« on: October 12, 2007, 04:25:23 PM »
Anyone save f1 memorabilia?Could be caps,
teamwear,diecasts or anything you hold on
to,Tell us what you have.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

Re: F1 Memorabilia
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 04:54:17 PM »
A good bit of die cast, mostly 1/43 scale. Caps, shirts, jackets, pins, you name it for various Cosworth teams. (Stewart, Jag, Minardi, Williams, ect) One of my favorites is a Jaguar F1 ski parka that was team-only and not sold to the public. Stoowy Hunter, who deals in F1 memorabilia, had a contact on the team and got it for me. He also got me some of my better Stewart F1 stuff.

I've also gotten a few autographs over the years. I got two I'm proud of at Indy this year. I got Albers to sign one of my old Minardi shirts (even with his Minardi number). I couldn't find any SA gear for Ant to sign, so I got his autograph on a shirt that says "Run with the Bulls, Swim with the Sharks, Race with the Brits!"

Videos, DVDs, books. One of the stranger collections I have is Foster's USGP Can Cozies! A can cozy is a sleave that fits over the can to insulate it. They put one out every year of the Indy race, except this year.

Oh, I also have a photo or two I've taken over the years. ;)

Cos
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 09:11:42 PM »
I've got a few items, mostly relating to Jordan. I'm up to five hats (one of which is a Renault hat and another a McLaren hat - the latter being my first bit of memorabilla back in 2000), two long-sleeved tops (I don't wear short-sleeved stuff unless it's underneath a long-sleeved item of clothing, at which point there's not much point it having a logo...), a pin badge, several keyrings (I've lost count, though I do know I have only one non-Jordan keyring ;) ), a purse, a lanyard, many photos and several other small bits of kit. I also have an Autosport Paddock pass containing Takuma Sato's and Eddie Jordan's signatures, and several photos of that visit, which you will find in the GPWizard Gallery.

Among my other items of memorabilla are a 2002 Silverstone poster, my qualifying ticket from the same race, a 1:43 1995 Sauber (Heinz-Harald Frentzen) model car, a bagful of Renault and McLaren items and a large collection of books and magazines. The latter includes a Tom Wheatcroft biography which he signed.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

FW14B

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 10:08:52 PM »
I have some team merchandise, but that is all no less than 4 years old.  I have some Jenson Button BAR stuff.  A couple of McLaren t-shirts, a DC t-shirt, some Red Bull stuff from this year, and of course a load of Williams stuff, branded-t-shirts, driver t-shirts, official shirt, storm coat, caps and a bag. 

I have a Williams gear cog which I got when I joined the official club, but that is currently the only part of a car I have.  Got a mini replica of the FW28 steering wheel.

Also I have a large collection of diecast models in 1/18 and 1/43 scale, mostly Williams, McLaren comes in second place, then just others I liked the look of.  The best piece I own though is an Exoto of the Tyrell raced by JYS.  Fantastic model.  Oh, and I've got the original collection of the Jim Bamber pit crew. 

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 04:02:15 PM »
One thing I forgot to mention. Back in 06, my favorite race week-end bar, The Starting Line Lounge, had a large USGP poster put out by Fosters. Oddly, it disapeared about closing time on Sunday night. Even more odd is the fact that it later reappeared on a door at my house. ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 04:34:57 PM »
Renault r23 Alonso      hotwheel 1\18
           r26 Fisichella   " " " " "
Mcclaren MP4-17d Kimi   hotwheel 1\18
Jordon    2003 Fisichella 1st win  hotwheel 1\18

Minardi and Renault team jacket

Fisichella team tee and Fleece jacket

Fisichella 04,05,and 06 driver caps
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 07:36:39 PM »

I had some nice stuff but you lot keep winning it!  :(

Seriously though I have some great stuff lined up for the next few competitions and I already have next years Grid Game prize. I will eventually announce what this years prize is but I'm waiting for the final piece of the jigsaw to be delivered from the Netherlands.

Watch this space.
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 08:06:08 PM »
 :tease:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle