collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 513
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: The difference is we're a team  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Wizzo

The difference is we're a team
« on: October 22, 2007, 04:54:08 PM »
Ferrari president Luca Cordero di Montezemolo says Kimi Raikkonen's Formula One title is a product of team spirit.

"The difference between us and (McLaren) is that we're a team, and in the last race our drivers helped each other. And in the toughest times we were even more united," Montezemolo told Italian state radio Monday.

"After Hamilton's start and that needless attack on Alonso, I knew we could do it," Montezemolo said.

"It would have been paradoxical if a driver had won with a car that was judged irregular and suspended," Montezemolo said. "Yesterday was a triumph of sport in the face of a lot of controversy and disloyalty. In the end, sports justice prevailed."

Raikkonen is the third Ferrari driver to win in his rookie season with the team, after Juan Manuel Fangio (1956) and Jody Scheckter (1979).

"In eight years we've won six drivers' titles and seven constructors' championships, and we've done it against the best auto manufacturers in the world," Montezemolo said.

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Steven Roy

Re: The difference is we're a team
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 05:00:38 PM »
Can't even be gracious in victory. What @&%$£*.

I would love to see his face if the FIA take it back off them.

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 05:01:55 PM »
Luca could have said were a team and let
it go at that,but nooooo
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 05:24:36 PM »
I would love to see his face if the FIA take it back off them.

The "we" that Loco di Montezemolo was talking about is Ferrari and the FIA.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline f1box

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 06:56:37 PM »
Ferrari president Luca Cordero di Montezemolo says .........
"It would have been paradoxical if a driver had won with a car that was judged irregular .......

Errrrrr? That'd be the irregular Ferrari at the Australian Grand Prix then!

If, perchance he is referring to McLaren - I've yet to see any part of the FIA spygate verdict suggest that the McLaren was not within the current constructor's specifications.

David
"Racing is life ....... everything before and after is just waiting"

www.f1box.co.uk - independent motorsport memorabilia retailer

Offline Monty

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 09:39:26 AM »
"The difference between us and (McLaren) is that we're a team, and in the last race our drivers helped each other.
You could see from Massa's body language how happy he was to have 'helped' his team mate. Couldn't have been illegal team orders obviously!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 04:29:27 PM »
Too bad Massa didn't have a "Fairness Czar" in his pits. Hamilton might be champ.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline raindancer

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 09:08:43 PM »
I don't think Massa gave it up. Just look at the lap times when Massa pitted. Kimi was schumachersque in his lap times and drove some blistering laps to come out ahead of Massa.
Massa was always equally fast as Kimi for the entire race.
Kimi won it because he is damn good and not because he was handed it by Massa.
This Mclaren adulation at the cost of everything good in F1 is getting sickening.
Maybe  this forum should be rebranded mclaren fan forum.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline Dare

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 09:26:23 PM »
I don't think Massa gave it up. Just look at the lap times when Massa pitted. Kimi was schumachersque in his lap times and drove some blistering laps to come out ahead of Massa.
Massa was always equally fast as Kimi for the entire race.
Kimi won it because he is damn good and not because he was handed it by Massa.
This Mclaren adulation at the cost of everything good in F1 is getting sickening.

You did watch the Brazil GP didn't you?Massa's demeanor
on the podium pretty well told he gave it to Kimi.

The Wiz will take in consideration your suggestion of renaming
GPWizard to Mcclaren fan club but I wouldn't hold my breath
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 10:02:55 PM »
I don't think Massa gave it to Kimi either, I think Ferrari gave it to him - pulled him in when they knew he'd have traffic 3-4 laps before Kimi while Kimi had a clear track, and Kimi made the best of it.  Massa didn't have a chance, but he didn't stop trying.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 04:13:25 AM »

Actually, since Cosworth is gone, I pull for Super Aguri. I know that Dare is a Renault fan.

Most of us just don't like Ferrari or Fernando. There's a little, family owned Italian restaurant in my home town of Lancaster, OH, USA. Claw_Grrl and I eat there frequently. The wife of the husband and wife that own it was born in Italy. They have always kept a large Ferrari flag in a glass case by the cash register. About halfway through this season, the removed it. When I asked why, they just shook their heads.
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 08:34:05 AM »
I was an unapologetic Ferrari fan until about a year ago when I finally got fed up with listening to the arrogance of the team bosses (Todt and Loco Luca both).  Still sorting out who I'm for as far as teams go, but with the FIA beating McLaren has taken, I give them my support this season.  As drivers go, I've always had a soft spot for Ant and a grudging respect for Kimi, and interest in Heidfeld, but Hamilton and Kubica blew me away this year...I really didn't see it coming, so yeah, I'm a fan of theirs as well.  At the other end of the spectrum, I'm no fan of Ralf, Alonzo, Massa and Fisi, and any pay driver all of whom have received far more than they've given...the rest, well they fall somewhere in the middle.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Monty

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 09:15:14 AM »
I've got Raindancer sussed. He waits to see what the majority of people are saying then says the complete opposite and sits back to watch the ripples. Either that or he hates Hamilton with a passion because he has been so pro-Alonso I thought he must be related. Now he is anti-McLaren and pro-Ferrari. I'm sure he just enjoys getting us stirred-up!
For the record, I am fairly sure Massa could have won in Brazil. The team changed his strategy and held him in the pits to make sure Kimi was on his way. I guess any team would have done the same but I'm sure nobody else would be so arrogant about it.

Offline raindancer

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 07:20:54 AM »
Not really Monty ! I just try to bring in another view. Being from where I am, I am neither a Ferrari fan nor a Mclaren fan. I think Kimi is probably the best driver on the grid right now and Nico next best. Again this based on my own analysis and impressions and is solely my personal opinion.
I also neither belong to Italy nor England. I just try to bring in a new perspective otherwise this forum will become another Ferrari Bashing set without objective assesment.
The intention is not to hurt anyone and I approach this with an Intellectual Passion.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 10:20:30 AM »
Unfortunately as Raindancer points out one of the sad things that has happened to the sport over the last few years is that people have started supporting teams or drivers based on nationality.  They should be judged by their actions.  Part of the Schumacher personality culty was the introduction of people supporting drivers like football fans support their team.  As a result there is a generation of fans who were caught up in this cult who have little or no interest or knowledge of the sport and are only interested in their guy winning.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle