collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 584
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Rodriguez to move into F1  (Read 860 times)

Offline Dare

Rodriguez to move into F1
« on: October 31, 2007, 03:04:03 AM »
this catch you off guard Ali
Eurosport - Tue, 30 Oct 15:16:00 2007
GP2 ace Roldan Rodriguez has reportedly signed a deal to race for Force India in Formula One next year.

More StoriesMcLaren appeal date set
The Spaniard has been linked with the team, formerly known as Spyker, for a number of weeks.

"I think so," Rodriguez told El Pais when asked whether he felt ready to step up into the top flight.

"When you make the leap into GP2 you have to know that the opportunity [to move into F1] can present itself.

"I knew that and I have tried to prepare myself since the start of the year in case the opportunity arose.

"The truth is that I found out because someone read what the new owner of the team [Vijay Mallya] had said: that he wanted to count on me for 2008.

"When I heard that, at first I didn't believe it; but it's true that he said it."

Rodriguez's best finish for Minardi Piquet Sports last season was third place in Hungary's sprint outing.

The Valladolid native refused to set any specific goals for next season.

"I simply want to achieve the maximum," he stressed. "I don't want to commit to anything.

"If the car is capable of 21st place in the race, I want to try to be 18th. I am not going to say I will be ninth, fifth or 20th.

"The target is to learn the maximum, as always, and also to take advantage of every race as if it was the last one, do the best I can and squeeze the maximum out of the car."

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Rodriguez to move into F1
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 12:58:56 PM »
Er... yes, dare, it has caught me off-guard. Especially when Roldan doesn't actually mention he's got an F1 race drive anywhere in his comments. We already know he's got a Spyker contract for 2008, but the fact that Schumacher and several other people have been invited to the November test says that the race seat next to Sutil is still open. Testers are really important, and I'm sure Vijay will be counting on Roldan, but that is not the same as saying that Roldan has an F1 race seat. If he had, nobody would be able to shut him up for a while, surely...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle