collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 164
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16156 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11271 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Bernie threatens yet again  (Read 2626 times)

Offline Andy B

Bernie threatens yet again
« on: October 28, 2007, 12:34:05 PM »
Bernie has stated that Silverstone may not have a GP after 2009 has he not seen the programme of building works which are up for planning permission?

He seems to have it in for Silverstone!!  :nono:

Me thinks its money orientated!! :good:

Or am I being cynical?  :crazy:

It could also be the media lacking any stories at this time of year?

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/071028025633.shtml

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Bernie threatens yet again
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 02:55:56 PM »
Bernie's always complaining about Silverstone. I'm not getting worried until 2009, if I can help it.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 08:43:52 PM »
He even said it was about money too - that they should be paying as much as the other European circuits.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 09:16:24 PM »
It is amazing how he always attacks Silverstone within a few days of saying that a London GP is a possibility.  What Silverstone should do is make the circuit impossible to overtake on, move it to somewhere that is located in a time zone at least 9 hours away and run the race at night in a monsoon.  That seems to be where we are headed.

Offline rmassart

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 06:32:05 AM »
It is amazing how he always attacks Silverstone within a few days of saying that a London GP is a possibility.  What Silverstone should do is make the circuit impossible to overtake on, move it to somewhere that is located in a time zone at least 9 hours away and run the race at night in a monsoon.  That seems to be where we are headed.

Yeah, I don't get this either. F1 moving to the far east and then hosting the races at night so that viewing figures in Europe remain hight! Great one Bernie!!!

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 10:11:26 AM »
The only reason he always brings up the London street race idea is to scare Silverstone into finding more cash.  London will likely never happen, and Silverstone will find a bit more money for the next contract, and life will go on. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Andy B

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 10:37:31 AM »
I hope your right Scotty but it frustrates me that Bernie seems to forever pick on Silverstone, I went to Spa in 2004 the car park was a liquid lake of mud but Bernie never picked up on that? Would that be because he has finacial links with Spa?
Brilliant circuit though.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 11:36:47 AM »
Bernie had financial links with Spa, but he sold it on to another promoter in 2002. He then hiked up the price to run the event, knowing (or at least he should have known) that the promoter wouldn't be able to cope with it. Hence his total lack of surprise when Spa was in such a rubbish state by 2004. I think he's going to do the same to Turkey, and the fact he can't do the same to Silverstone (plus the fact that the BRDC is the only owner of an F1 circuit that comes close to breaking even on its F1 event) is why he's perpetually angry at Silverstone.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 04:32:46 PM »
Take it from someone who lost his home race to Bernie's greed: Be afraid. Be very afraid. Bernie is absolutly sure that he can do what ever he wants to his long-time fan base and get away with it.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 04:45:41 PM »
He can be as sure as he likes, but contracts are contracts and Silverstone's still got two years left of its contract. We've already paid twice for the privilege of having those races, so I can't see Bernie being able to pull out until 2010 at the earliest. Of course, then is another matter, but I'm scared enough about what state F1 in general will be like to worry overmuch about where it will be then.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle