collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 370
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Honda Racing F1 Wins Something!  (Read 3349 times)

Offline Wizzo

Honda Racing F1 Wins Something!
« on: October 29, 2007, 06:25:02 PM »

Honda has won the Grand Prix at the second Green Awards, which reward business for communicating sustainability in a creative and original way, for the launch of its Honda Racing Formula 1 team's environmental initiative.

The campaign featured an image of the earth on the racing team's cars rather than the usual sponsor logos.  :lazy:

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline romephius

Re: Honda Racing F1 Wins Something!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 08:53:34 PM »
And let's not forget that Honda also did their bit to reduce carbon emissions during the season by virtue of several DNF's......

:D

Rom

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 11:37:24 AM »
Well done Honda. The marketers are champions - though with the sort of ads they've been putting in the F1 ad breaks during the last few years, I'd already taken that as a given.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 02:55:04 PM »
The campaign featured an image of the earth on the racing team's cars rather than the usual sponsor logos.  :lazy:

And they were slow enough that all the fans could get a good look!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 03:14:11 PM »
True. Ironically, they also burned a lot of engines when they retired from races.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

CrazyHorse

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 05:23:02 PM »
i stopped supporting Button once his team jumped on the green bandwagon.

im old enough to remember global cooling so i dont believe this global warming mumbo jumbo...i should start an anti green thread

Offline romephius

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 08:26:19 PM »
I have only one question, if there is NO global warming, then, why are average temperatures only creeping higher??......

Just a thought.

Rom

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 08:36:48 PM »
Lack of air pollution.  50 years ago the world used coal fires.  There was so many particulates in the air they blocked part of the sun's energy.  Think about all the smog there used to be in the major cities.  Clean fuel, clean air, more energy from the sun getting through and heating the world up.

CrazyHorse

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 07:06:35 AM »
Rom, think u will find its actually getting colder rather than warmer

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2006/04/09/do0907.xml

its snowing in south africa for the first time

http://wintercenter.homestead.com/photosouthafrica.html

they're even getting iceburgs off the SA coast

http://dusteye.wordpress.com/2007/10/09/iceberg-spotted-off-south-african-coast/

Offline romephius

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 12:16:47 PM »
I am sure you guys are probably right.... but, come live in my city for a couple of years and then see what you think about cooling....... I can't pretend to care fully about the whole global warming thing...... i admit to being fairly ignorant to the situation....

Thanks for the effort in showing me your point of view...

Take it easy guys

Rom

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 02:52:45 PM »
Eight of the ten warmest years in recorded world history have been in the last decade, They have all been since 1960. The reason there are iceburgs off of South Africa is that the Antarctic ice sheets are breaking up and floating away.

Most of the world's biggest polluters, like China, still use huge amounts of coal. And the reason that the UK is getting colder is that the Gulf Stream, which carries warmth to Europe, is breaking down.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 08:05:47 PM »
Alarmist tosh, I'm afraid, Cozzie.  The Antartctic has been getting cooler for several decades now and the ice sheet is not melting.  Have no idea where you got that one from - must be the latest warmie scare story.  Global temperature fluctuates all the time and, if anything, it is going down at the moment, especially in the southern hemisphere.  It would take hundreds of years for the Gulf Stream to be affected by any change in global temperature, if at all - it would have to be a huge change as well, otherwise it would have switched on and off several hundred times in the last millennium.  If all the ice in the Arctic melted tomorrow, the rise in sea levels would be barely noticeable - almost all the ice is floating on the ocean and already taking up its given mass therefore.  Only the ice on Greenland would make any difference at all and that, not much.

A few minutes logical thought can blow apart 90% of the warmies' lies - for pete's sake, folks, wake up - it's a political scam, that's all.
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline romephius

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 06:08:14 AM »
Opinions are fluctuating too, but the southern hemisphere (more specifically Australia) has recorded it's hotest years in the past decade....... sorry but it is a matter of record that the heat is ON here..... that is an irrefutable FACT regardless of which side of the fence you are on with the whole global warming/cooling.....

Rom (a little more informed today)

:DntKnw:

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 10:15:16 AM »

I'm not going to get into 'is the world getting colder or warmer debate' but one thing is for sure, the worlds climate is changing, and it always has done since the beginning of time.

The fact remains that everyone seems obsessed with trying to reduce their carbon footprint. The total carbon footprint for the human race is only 0.2% of the total carbon produced by the planet, the rest is produced naturally by the sea and trees etc.

So if every person, factory and car stopped producing carbon tomorrow we would have a 0.2% positive effect on the environment, or in other words - no affect at all!

The governments of this world are certainly cashing in on the idea of us all having to save the planet for our children's future. Unfortunately it doesn't matter what we do, none of us can stop the world as it evolves.

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline romephius

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 10:19:20 AM »
Beautifully put Wiz

:good: :good:

Rom

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle