collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 158
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16182 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13028 Posts
John S John S
11302 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Davidson Stays at Super Aguri  (Read 1681 times)

Offline cosworth151

Davidson Stays at Super Aguri
« on: December 31, 2007, 06:06:39 PM »
It looks likes Anthony Davidson will be at Super Aguri in 2008.

Super Aguri's managing director Daniele Audetto has told an ITV documentary that Davidson, who is 28, is likely to retain his seat in 2008.

"Definitely, 100 per cent," the Italian responded when he was asked if Davidson will be on the grid next March.

"He's doing a fantastic job. I think Anthony is proving that he was a good choice: the speed is still there and the maturity is coming.

"So I expect that next year we are going to have two very good drivers," Audetto added.

Ant has stated that he is happy to be back at SA. He is less sure about some others on the grid.

"I think some of the driver choices that have happened in the past, and will continue to happen, have been shocking," he said.

"I mean, this is formula one -- we're supposed to be the best guys in the world driving these cars, and clearly history would suggest that hasn't been the case," Davidson added.

Not to worry, Ant. Ralf's gone. ;)

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Davidson Stays at Super Aguri
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 11:34:24 PM »
Fantastic news that Ant is staying on the grid for 2008, all he has to do now is use his very considerable talent to attract a bigger outfit to come in for him for 2009 or 2010. By then the Toyota situation will become clearer and Williams may be in a position to challenge with a British driver, or the Prodrive car may have made it to the grid.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Number 38

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 01:40:58 AM »
It's true, Davidson gets another year, I assured the team of a stipend payment to keep him on. It's all done with MONEY, friends. 

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 03:36:04 PM »
Hehehe, I'll not tell them exactly how much that stipend is, Number 38.  ;)
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline Number 38

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 06:22:29 PM »
A dollar here, a pound Sterling there, a couple of yen ..... it all adds up and COUNTS!
You gotta support your favorites!  Visit the Super Aguri site store, everybodies got to have one of these: http://en.superaguri-f1.com/fullproduct.asp?pid=2699&cid=379 !!!!!!!!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 07:55:22 PM »
Today's (1/2/08) AutoWeek Daily Drive e-news update lists Davidson in the SA seat. The Drivers section of the Official F1 website also lists Sato and Davidson as confirmed at SA. The only seat they show open is the second seat at Fifi. Hopefully Fisi.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 08:19:37 PM »
Well, that's great news...I would sure like it if SA announced it officially though.  Ant needs to prove that he's got what it takes for a front line team, which I think he does.  I still say Honda would be better off retiring Rubens now and put Ant in his seat.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 10:33:06 PM »
You could be right Scotty, Honda can hardly argue that they need Rubens to placate sponsors as they don't appear to have any. Without big sponsor money though they probably can't pay off the rest of his contract without shutting one of their wind tunnels ;).
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle