collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 536
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Massa's new car  (Read 1962 times)

Offline Wizzo

Massa's new car
« on: January 23, 2008, 08:43:04 PM »
Ferrari has given Felipe Massa a custom Fiat 500; this is a little different to the Ferrari 599 which was his most recent present.

However this is not your standard Fiat 500, according to Auto Blog this custom built one has a 1.4 liter quattrovalvole engine which produces 120hp, that will be very quick in a car of this size. This Fiat 500 also has limited edition brown leather and a Skydome electric sunroof. The car itself comes in white, this sets of the red brake calipers beautifully along with the 16-inch alloys.

Seven times Formula One World Champion Michael Schumacher also has one of these Custom Fiat 500’s in his garage.

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline J.Clark

Re: Massa's new car
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 02:02:48 PM »
Very cute little car.

I think however, I will hang onto my 1996 Z-28 Camero for now.
It is a "T" top, but not electric.
It too has brown leather interior.
My brake calipers are not red, but then, that wouldn't look really good with the body being dark metalic green.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 03:16:47 PM »
I keep hoping that Fiat will return to the US. I wonder if they might market a version of this with the Abarth name on it.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 08:39:57 PM »
It would very likely sell quite well.

Just as cute as the Mini-Coopers that are doing so well, but with a lot more performance to it. 

I doubt it will happen though.  I can't remember and am too lazy to research it, but Fiat left the US and stopped exporting here over 40 years ago.  As I said, I can't recall the reason, but I find it interesting that they haven't tried to get back into the US market, especially with a performance car like this would be.

Offline Dare

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 10:39:17 PM »
It would very likely sell quite well.

Just as cute as the Mini-Coopers that are doing so well, but with a lot more performance to it. 

I doubt it will happen though.  I can't remember and am too lazy to research it, but Fiat left the US and stopped exporting here over 40 years ago.  As I said, I can't recall the reason, but I find it interesting that they haven't tried to get back into the US market, especially with a performance car like this would be.

because Fiat built a crap car,I had a 850 Coupe
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 10:12:46 AM »
That was a car that was difficult to keep running, but the more basic Dauphine and the 4CV models were fairly dependable and got pretty good gas mileage.  They were as easy to work on almost as the VWs of the 1960s.

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 07:43:40 AM »
The Brava and X19 were pretty good. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 12:46:17 PM »
I had an X19.  It was a good car but needed more power.  The big problem was that it was so unreliable I used to tell people that I hadn't bought it I simply shared it with the local FIAT dealer.  The first time I drove it I put it in second gear the first time and it didn't feel right.  I drove it round for a couple of minutes and took it back.  I was told not to worry I would get used to it.  Every service I told them there was a fault.  When I went back to collect it after 42000 miles they said there is a problem with the car.  The gearbox oil is full of shrapnel and when we took the box apart there is a problem with second gear.  I told them I knew about the problem the first day I drove the car.  After receiving a lecture on how I should report all faults I asked him if he had checked the service history.  On being told he hadn't I got hold of his boss sat the two of them down and pointed out that every service I had reported this fault and it had taken them 42000 miles to identify it. 

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 02:21:20 PM »
I've had a Fiat-clone Yugo (aka the Balkan Beemer) for almost 20 years. The boss got it as a company car and just gave it to me when the company was done with it. I use it a a fun runabout. The only major problems I've had were a broken clutch cable, and a lost rubber insulator in the shifter linkage.

As for Fiat being out of the US market for years, so has Alfa, and they're coming back this year. There was even a big anouncement a while back that the Chinese were going to put an MG factory in Oklahoma, but that fell through.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 03:12:54 PM »
That was a car that was difficult to keep running, but the more basic Dauphine and the 4CV models were fairly dependable and got pretty good gas mileage.  They were as easy to work on almost as the VWs of the 1960s.

The Dauphine was a Renault.I had one for my first car,I
still have many enjoyable memories of pushing it and
the time it caught fire while I was driving it
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 10:17:29 AM »
 :yahoo:

Like I said at the beginning, I think I'll keep my Z-28 Camero for now.
Not at all short on power!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 02:37:10 PM »
When I was on the track team in high school, that was how we used to warm up for practice - pushing Joe DiFlippo's Dauphine down the high school driveway trying to get it running!
― Bob Dylan

CrazyHorse

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 09:48:42 AM »
my first car was a fiat 127!

oohhh the shame  :-[

:DD

Offline Ian

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 06:44:03 PM »
Mine was a 105E Anglia
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 09:01:41 PM »
In editing Formula1Sport, I sometimes have to make a decision as to whether a news item is worth putting up or is better consigned to the bin.  I dithered for a while over Massa's new toy, wondering whether it was worthy of being F1 news, and I can't actually remember if I let it through in the end or not.  But you guys have shown that it's not that easy to predict what is relevant and what is just a load of gossip - this thread has been trundling along happily for a couple of weeks now and shows no signs of dying.  Who would have guessed it?  Maybe I should just let everything through and allow the market decide...

The Renault Dauphine was the first car I ever drove and I loved it.  There is nothing finer to teach the skills of driving than a good, tail-happy, rear-engined car!  Yeehaaaaa!
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle