Other Sports > Other Sports

IRL / Champ Car Merger

(1/4) > >>

Steven Roy:
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/champcar/news/159453-0/motegi_sticking_point_to_'08_merger?.html

It looks like there has been an outbreak of common sense in US single seater racing.  There is even a chance of a merger before the season starts in March.

cosworth151:
I'd like to see the two series unite, but there have been so many rumors about it over the past few years that I won't get my hopes up.

I see several things I don't like about the proposal. The best thing about Champ Car is the engine. The worst thing about IRL is the engine. Why exclusively use the Honda lump? Why not have a dual engine standard, like F1 did up until 1989?

Since Kevin Kalkhoven and Gerald Forsythe, the co-owners of Champ Car, now own Cosworth, what will happen to it?

Also, I'll loose my home race, the one at Burke Lakefront Airport in Cleveland. Why keep the Boring Charlotte Clone tracks from NASCAR (Kansas, Kentucky, Texas, Chicago) and give up Laguna Seca, Road Atlanta, Cleveland and Mont-Tremblant?

Tony George does a whale of a good job putting on races and running a fan-friendly series. I'd just like to see a few of these things worked out.

Dare:
Cos said,. Why keep the Boring Charlotte Clone tracks from NASCAR (Kansas, Kentucky, Texas, Chicago

Hey pardner,watch it

cosworth151:
Sorry, Dare, but just what the world didn't need was yet another mile and a half tri-oval. It's a nice facility but it's out in the middle of nowhere. The only thing near it is a BP station.

Have you ever made the trip up I-71 to see it?

Dare:

--- Quote from: cosworth151 on February 08, 2008, 03:54:23 PM ---Sorry, Dare, but just what the world didn't need was yet another mile and a half tri-oval. It's a nice facility but it's out in the middle of nowhere. The only thing near it is a BP station.

Have you ever made the trip up I-71 to see it?

--- End quote ---

Actually I got free tickets to last years race but I
picked bowling over a IRL race on a lousey mile and
a half tri-oval :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version