collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 522
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Wheres Wally?  (Read 11156 times)

Offline Wizzo

Re: Wheres Wally?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 07:59:14 PM »
Hi Guys,

You'll be pleased to know that I have safely returned from my Birthday break in.........(drum roll)..........Edinburgh!!!!

The distance between the lovely Edinburgh and your guesses are all listed below:

Lisbon = 1220m

Rome = 1197m

Madrid = 1073m

Ljubljana = 1023m

Venice = 989m

Prague = 834m

Berlin = 708m

Paris = 541m

Amsterdam = 411m

Cardiff = 307m

Dublin = 217m  :yahoo:

This means that Chameleon has won himself an F1 goody bag for his efforts. Well done Cham, please PM me with your postal address and I'll get your prize off to you ASAP.

Well done to all who entered, the next competition will be along very shortly indeed so, keep 'em peeled.

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Scott

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 08:51:13 PM »
Isn't Scotland technically just a territory?  >:D
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 09:11:26 PM »
Well done Cham, bet it's a good goody bag too.  :good:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline romephius

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 01:29:32 AM »
Well done Chammy......

Rom

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 03:32:12 AM »
Wow, I'm amazed!  I never win competitions.  Thanks guys and especially thank you to the Wizard!  Not bad, considering I didn't even guess correctly...  :D
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 09:21:24 AM »
Isn't Scotland technically just a territory?

Not for much longer.
As we speak there are Englishment voting to switch sides.  We are finally getting Berwick back.  And that is only the start.

FREEEEEEEEDOM

Offline Scott

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 09:37:58 AM »
Plus I was thrown off by the 'European Capital'...I always get in trouble when I link Europe to any of my British friends..."We're not European!!  We're British/English/Scottish/Irish/Welsch!"

Good one Cham.

Berwick?  Newcastle next?  All the power to you...after all, I'm a Scot(t) too.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2008, 05:11:48 PM »
Well done, Cham! It never occurred to me that the destination might not involve a border control - that was a cleverly-worded competition ;)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2008, 05:19:17 PM »
Congrats, Cammy! :good:

Wizzo's prizes are always first rate. Enjoy!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2008, 05:54:28 PM »
The weather threw me off,I thought Wiz
would have gone to some warmer weather
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2008, 06:04:09 PM »

Ah yes, my competitions are never quite as easy as they seem. I was fairly sure no one would get the correct answer hence my closest city wins idea.

I should probably point out that when I was found guilty for stealing womens underwear, it was in a fake court in the Edinburgh Dungeons, (they decided to pick on me). Its worrying that none of you seemed to be fazed by this and all took it as fact!  :crazy: 

Well done again to Cham and I'll get your prize off to you in the next few days. I'm sure the others would be interested in what you receive.
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2008, 06:43:43 PM »
Is he getting the underwear you stole? >:D

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2008, 08:22:28 PM »
I'm surprised that no-one has contested the result - isn't it amazing that Dublin is closer to Edinburgh than Cardiff?  No doubt the Wiz is correct in his calculations but I admit I was slightly surprised when I saw that.  And I call myself a geographer...

Another interesting fact: England is on the same latitude as Labrador.  I've flown above Labrador many times and I can tell you the place is a bleak wilderness of ice, rock and stunted trees.  We have a lot to thank the Gulf Stream for.

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2008, 04:33:15 PM »
My prize has arrived and I am stunned - this is really far more than I deserve.  Thank you, oh gracious Wizard, and nyah, nyah, nyahnyanya to all those who didn't quite win!  I was opening all the mysterious packages and boxes and exclaiming with delight at each one - like a kid at Christmas, I was.

Let me detail the contents before anyone asks:

All came inside an Orange Arrows aluminium case, dinky little thing and bound to be of much use.  There was an Orange Arrows windcheater jacket, a Michael Schumacher (who?) set of fountain pen and ballpoint, a Renault flag, Renault keyring and tiny Renault FM radio.  Each one of them would have made a superb prize in itself but all together like this, they have humbled me completely.

It is impossible to describe my pleasure in these items - I have never owned any F1 gear of any kind (the last GP I attended was long before they had thought of such things).  Now, suddenly, I am rich.  It has been said before but I say it again, loudly, as a proclamation indeed: Thank you, Wizard.  The Wiz is the Biz!

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2008, 11:43:15 PM »
When I say goody bag, I mean goody bag.  :D

Glad you finally received it Cham after our beloved postal services finally got their acts together.

Wizzo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle