collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 588
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: New Aerodynamic package for 'Button'  (Read 3069 times)

davewilson

New Aerodynamic package for 'Button'
« on: July 04, 2006, 08:33:11 PM »
Jenson Button is confident that a new aerodynamic package will help stem Honda's mid-season slide when they introduce it at next week's French GP. The Briton believes that the new package, which will undergo testing during this week's test at Jerez, will provide a major step in performance.

Honda have simply not met any of the expectations this season. The team, which has become 100% owned by the Japanese manufacturer, have been unable to transfer their winter testing pace into the regular season as irregularities with the set-up meant they were unable to get the Michelin tyres into the correct operating window.
Over a single lap, the Honda RA106 has been one of the quickest cars on the grid, but in recent races, their rivals have made greater steps in performance that has left both Rubens Barrichello and Jenson Button fighting to get into the top ten in qualifying and therefore struggling for points.

Michelin clearly had the better tyres in Montreal but Jenson Button struggled to ninth after being passed by compatriot David Coulthard in the final lap, while Barrichello retired early. On to Indianapolis, and while Barrichello charged to fifth thanks mainly to a multi-car pile up on the opening corner that caught out Button.

However, Button is optimistic of returning to the thick end of the action at next weekend's French Grand Prix as the team prepare to introduce the first fruits of their new, full-size, wind-tunnel.

"We have an important test next week when we will be testing aerodynamic parts for Magny-Cours which will be a good step forward," he said. "I am itching to get the new package - everyone within the team feels the same way. It will definitely move us forward."
While Honda have made some inroads into producing a competitive engine, which according to acoustic analysis remains 500 revs slower than rival unites, the design team have been less productive, deciding instead to bring out fewer big steps rather than constant upgrades.

"People will be moving forward but not as much as us," he said. "This will be the second big step we have had this year whereas other teams have had 10 or 12 smaller steps. That has been our biggest issue - getting things tested.

"A lot of it is because we have had a lot of work on the new wind tunnel. We should be able to make bigger steps now than we have in the past."
News From
While Honda have made some inroads into producing a competitive engine, which according to acoustic analysis remains 500 revs slower than rival unites, the design team have been less productive, deciding instead to bring out fewer big steps rather than constant upgrades.

"People will be moving forward but not as much as us," he said. "This will be the second big step we have had this year whereas other teams have had 10 or 12 smaller steps. That has been our biggest issue - getting things tested.

"A lot of it is because we have had a lot of work on the new wind tunnel. We should be able to make bigger steps now than we have in the past."
The Stig
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 02:48:15 PM by vanquish89 »

Offline vanquish89

Re: New Aerodynamic package for 'Button'
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 08:18:46 PM »
However both Davidson and Barichello brought out red flags with mechanical problems at Jerez on Wednesday. So things arent looking good so far. :(
vanquish89.... :D

davewilson

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 11:30:40 PM »
I have had another look but still can't find the Red Flag Inciden't that you refer to, at Jerez Testing,regarding Davidson?
If you could provide a link to this topic it would be very much appreciated.
Kind regards
The Stig

Offline vanquish89

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 02:16:05 PM »
McLaren’s Pedro de la Rosa set the pace for the second day running in testing at Jerez.

The Spaniard lowered his benchmark time to 1m17.785s as he completed 116 laps of the twisty Andalucian circuit, concentrating on Michelin tyre selection for the upcoming French Grand Prix.

Renault set the second and third fastest times with Heikki Kovalainen and Fernando Alonso, the world champion trying out the latest evolution of the RS26 engine that the team hopes will deliver a significant horsepower boost.

Anthony Davidson was fourth quickest for Honda but both he and the team’s race driver Rubens Barrichello caused red flags after stopping on the circuit with technical problems.

Alex Wurz was fifth fastest for Williams ahead of Robert Kubica, whose BMW was fitted with a startling new aerodynamic package featuring two vertical fins attached to the either side of the chassis.

F3 Euroseries front-runner Sebastian Vettel propped up the timesheets but managed 83 laps and was a respectable 1.8s adrift of de la Rosa’s best effort on only his second outing in an F1 car.

“This was obviously a special opportunity for me, but I just tried to take it easy and concentrate on my job,” said the 19-year-old German.

“The whole day went really well. I was able to complete many laps without any problems. I learned a lot, particularly on tyres.

“That’s a very complex issue in Formula 1, because they change a lot over a run and one has to adapt the driving style.

“It’s clear that I cannot exploit the whole potential of the car yet, but that seems to be a matter of time.

“I’m happy with the day.”

I think this is the link you were asking for.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 11:20:03 AM by vanquish89 »
vanquish89.... :D

davewilson

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 11:26:58 PM »
Thank You for the link .I did not have a clue they had both stopped on the course.And could not find a reference to the incident.
Regards
The Stig

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle