collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 669
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: ITV to air F1 races and extras online!  (Read 2631 times)

Offline Wizzo

ITV to air F1 races and extras online!
« on: March 14, 2008, 09:03:47 AM »

ITV has agreed a deal to broadcast Formula One races, qualifying and Friday practice sessions on its website.  :yahoo:

The agreement with Formula One Management will see the practice sessions aired in the UK for the first time. ITV.com will also carry highlights packages, interviews, a 30-day catch-up service and clips from post-race press conferences.

ITV director of news and sport Mark Sharman said: “We know from listening to our viewers that there is great demand from motor sport fans to watch F1 practice sessions and press conferences.

"This is yet another example of how we are using ITV’s digital channels and new media platforms to extend our award-winning coverage of sport to complement the big events on ITV1."

The last F1 season achieved its biggest audiences in recent years for the channel thanks to the success of Lewis Hamilton.

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Steven Roy

Re: ITV to air F1 races and extras online!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 10:07:25 AM »
I watched the ITV feed. The first session was a complete disaster with very low frame rates and constant crashes.  The second session was pretty good.  A few minor problems but nothing major.  I guess this was a combination of them learning from the first session and reduced demand due to a lot of people going to bed between sessions.  It will be interesting to see how they cope with demand for the first European race when the audience will be much bigger.

CrazyHorse

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 11:02:47 AM »
thanks for the info, i wouldnt have known nothing about it otherwise. I have to agree with steven, i'm not that impressed with the coverage/ commentary, i'd rather read what he's saying in a fraction of the time it takes him to say it and watch some decent onboard coverage and listen to the engines

anyone know if they are going to show practice live ?

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 06:52:12 PM »
There is no commentary on the internet video feed and no advert breaks.  They cover every session so 11pm for free practise then qualifying on TV and internet.  You get engine noise and lots of team radio.  If only they had a little bit of Brundle it would be vastly superior to their TV coverage.

For some reason the ITV coverage was running 2 mins 20s ahead of the TVU Wheels coverage.

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 10:39:46 PM »
ccording to the ITV site they are not covering practise only qualifying

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 11:35:09 PM »
There is no commentary on the internet video feed and no advert breaks.  They cover every session so 11pm for free practise then qualifying on TV and internet.  You get engine noise and lots of team radio.  If only they had a little bit of Brundle it would be vastly superior to their TV coverage.

For some reason the ITV coverage was running 2 mins 20s ahead of the TVU Wheels coverage.

when I watch Speed live on TVU and switch to Wheels the coverage is about
1 minute behind
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 02:40:18 PM by Dare »
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 12:02:02 AM »
It's normally 45 seconds to a minute behind ITV's TV coverage that is why I was surprised that there was such a gap.

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 12:18:17 AM »
http://www.tvlizer.com/content/view/203/335/

If there are any other hopeless addicts looking for a video feed try the above link.  You can only get a small screen and the commentary is in French

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 02:06:41 PM »
I think TVU comes out of the far east, so there is sat. delay in both directions.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle