collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 587
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Help Choose a New Feature  (Read 2174 times)

Offline Wizzo

Help Choose a New Feature
« on: March 18, 2008, 06:16:39 PM »
Hi all,

You may (or may not) have used the 2007 Standings page. I updated this after every race so members could see how the drivers and constructors were scoring in their respective championships.

I was just about to start the 2008 championship results when I thought - I wonder if anyone ever looks at this?? So I have decided to let you guys choose if this feature on the site remains or is replaced by something else. Alternative pages could be an F1 Blog or an F1 recommended websites page. Is there anything on other sites that you regularly visit them to see that you would like to see here?

The choice is yours, suggestions please as to what you would like to see replace the 'Standings' page or indeed should I keep you updated with a new 2008 standings page.

Let me know your thoughts guys.

Wiz

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Ian

Re: Help Choose a New Feature
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 08:56:32 PM »
May I be the first to admit it Wiz, I have hardly ever looked at the standings, but that is just me.

Ian
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 09:27:51 PM »
I don't have a clue what (if anything) to replace it with, because to be honest I only use the forum, chat room and the occasional PM and Image. Everything I want works really well and at this time, I can't think of anything I'm missing from the GPWizard experience.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 09:41:55 PM »
I'm not really sure what a blog is. Is it some sort of diary ?   :DntKnw:  :crazy:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 09:46:32 PM »

Yes it is Ian, and thanks for being honest about not using it, I suspect this is the case for most members.

Ali you do surprise me, I thought you would jump at the chance of another blog!
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 10:07:14 PM »
Can I own up too? I don't use the standings page, it's easy to get that info on Autosport, ITV F1, F1 Live or The official F1 site.

As to what should replace it I haven't a clue, like Ali I mainly just use the Forum plus the photo galleries. 
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 01:09:05 AM »
Another blog? I've got my main blog plus a mirror blog, and the internet has seen a fair few comments from me. I'm not sure how to maintain two blogs without them both being the same (i.e. mirror blogs), and I think a lot of the GPWizard readers already read my blog at its original location already. And ian, a blog is a site where there is an easy mechanism for adding content and all the entries are dated. It can be a diary, but a lot of them are not.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 01:32:03 PM »
Like everyone so far I tend to mainly just use the forum.  I have tried all the games and every now and then go back to them.  I go through the vids and image gallery occasionally but apart from looking for hidden letters I have never been to the standings page.  This isn't a clue to another hidden letter.  Not that I am scarred for life by that competition.  I am not.  Honest.  I think.

The problem with standings is that you get them after each race and in half the articles that are published about the race either online or in a magazine so everyone knows them.

I can't immediately think of what you could best put in that area.  I think it would be difficult to run a blog with multiple contributors and a few of the people on the site have their own blogs already.  I have always resisted starting one because I know I can't commit to writing anything original often enough to make it readable and different from the others.

You could use it as a links page but most of the people here refer each other to sites all the time.  It would be better if possible to have an active area that encouraged participation but I am not sure what would best use the space.

I am sure this comment is of very little help.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 01:53:15 PM »
Much the same with me, Wizzo. I mainly use the forum, the contests, the games and, of course, the pix and vids. as for what else to put in, I'm afraid I can't think of a thing.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle