collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 344
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Sshumacher gets $26m title boost  (Read 1772 times)

davewilson

Sshumacher gets $26m title boost
« on: July 10, 2006, 10:54:33 PM »
Ferrari has pumped in another $26 million to boost Michael Schumacher's charge for an eighth World Championship in 2006.

Buoyed by the German's dominance at Indianapolis, Jean Todt convinced his backers to bolster this year's Ferrari budget, according to major German newspaper Bild.

At Jerez last Friday, in preparation for the upcoming French Grand Prix, the 37-year-old racer set a new test lap record with a rejuvenated car. Although Ross Brawn insists that it is not a 'B' specification, the heavily revised 248 features a new engine cover, front wing and engine, packing an extra 20 hp.

The tabloid daily also described new Bridgestone tyres for Magny Cours as 'super-rubber', and said Team Principal Todt had asked Ferrari staff to work extra shifts at Maranello to implement the upgrade.

With eight races to run this season, Schumacher is 19 points behind Renault rival Fernando Alonso.   

''I don't know whether my victory at Indy was representative of the next races,'' Schumacher was quoted as saying, ''but I am convinced that we have taken a step forward.

''Our goal is still to win the championship title.''

His personal manager, Willi Weber, added: ''Michael has the best tyres, the stronger mind, and Ferrari are finally developing faster than Renault again. I'm sure he can win.''

Source GMM
CAPSIS International

[10/07/06 - 18:47]
Red Bull blast France, again
Harmless fun or a step too far? 

[10/07/06 - 17:49]
BMW Sauber sign up Mercedes man
Duesmann to join as Head of Powertrain F1 

[10/07/06 - 14:38]
Schumacher gets in mood for Magny
''Indianapolis was extremely encouraging'' 

[10/07/06 - 13:41]
Expecting return to form on home soil
French GP - Michelin - Preview 

[10/07/06 - 12:10]
Halfway and beyond....
French GP - Renault - Preview Part III 

Ferrari has pumped in another $26 million to boost Michael Schumacher's charge for an eighth World Championship in 2006.

Buoyed by the German's dominance at Indianapolis, Jean Todt convinced his backers to bolster this year's Ferrari budget, according to major German newspaper Bild.

At Jerez last Friday, in preparation for the upcoming French Grand Prix, the 37-year-old racer set a new test lap record with a rejuvenated car. Although Ross Brawn insists that it is not a 'B' specification, the heavily revised 248 features a new engine cover, front wing and engine, packing an extra 20 hp.

The tabloid daily also described new Bridgestone tyres for Magny Cours as 'super-rubber', and said Team Principal Todt had asked Ferrari staff to work extra shifts at Maranello to implement the upgrade.

With eight races to run this season, Schumacher is 19 points behind Renault rival Fernando Alonso.
   ''I don't know whether my victory at Indy was representative of the next races,'' Schumacher was quoted as saying, ''but I am convinced that we have taken a step forward.

''Our goal is still to win the championship title.''

His personal manager, Willi Weber, added: ''Michael has the best tyres, the stronger mind, and Ferrari are finally developing faster than Renault again. I'm sure he can win.''

Source GMM
Capis International
The Stig

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle