collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 526
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: New Super Aguri Bid  (Read 4096 times)

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: New Super Aguri Bid
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 08:46:12 PM »
If Honda plays its cards right, then it wouldn't even have to give up on claiming some of its debts back. If it asked to be paid back an affordable proportion of the debt (after looking at Wiegl's finances) over as long a term as possible (five years, more if possible), then it can use that agreement to ensure that Super Aguri's partners actually put some money in. At worst, the team would be back in Honda's hands, which is where it is now. At best, Super Aguri could be a benefit instead of a drain on Honda's resources and will get some or maybe even all of the money it shovelled in back. Either way, Honda should have no trouble staying ahead of their soon-to-be-ex-B-team.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Online cosworth151

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 09:44:06 PM »
Agence France-Presse has reported Agrui-san's reaction to Honda's dispicable actons:

"I cannot believe it but it is true that they could not enter the circuit," Aguri Suzuki was quoted by the daily Tokyo Chunichi Sports as saying.

"I don't know at all what has happened. I don't understand the reason why the team, which normally raced at the Spanish Grand Prix (in the last round) cannot be admitted," the former Japanese F1 racer added.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 10:48:17 PM »
Honda just made my S list and I don't
mean Super
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 11:12:21 AM »
It's over.  SA has ceased operations.  Good luck to them all.  I hope Honda wallows in the backfield for years.  Nick the *rick is just that.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 12:51:26 PM »
Super Aguri were a good team to have on the F1 grid - it's a pity to lose them. And a stupid way for it to happen. I am now in quite a conflict because I support (among other drivers) Jenson Button, but have nothing but ill-will for his team.

Still, there'll always be Spain and Canada 2007... ...and Autosport of the same year...

Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Online cosworth151

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 12:55:13 PM »
Aguri-san's official statement:

“In order to realize my dream to become an owner of a Formula One Team, I applied for a grid position in the FIA Formula One World Championship in November 2005. Since then, I have participated in the championship for 2 years and 4 months as the SUPER AGURI F1 TEAM, but regretfully I must inform you that the team will be ceasing its racing activities as of today.

The team has competed against the many car manufacturer backed teams and has succeeded in obtaining the first points after only the 22nd race finishing in 9th place overall in the 2007 Constructors’ Championship. However, the breach of contract by the promised partner SS United Group Company Limited resulted in the loss of financial backing and immediately put the team into financial difficulties. Also, the change in direction of the environment surrounding the team, in terms of the use of customer chassis, has affected our ability to find partners.

Meanwhile, with the help of Honda, we have somehow managed to keep the team going, but we find it difficult to establish a way to continue the activities in the future within the environment surrounding F1 and as a result, I have concluded to withdraw from the Championship.

I would like to express my deepest thanks to Honda, Bridgestone, the sponsors, all the people who have given us advise during various situations over the past couple of years all the Team Staff who have kept their motivations high and always done their best, Anthony Davidson who has always pushed to the limit despite the very difficult conditions, Takuma Sato who has been with us from the very start and has always fought hard and led the team and lastly our fans from all over the world who have loyally supported the SUPER AGURI F1 TEAM."

I am beyond words.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle