collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 586
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Man most likely to replace Mosley revealed.  (Read 816 times)

TheStig

Man most likely to replace Mosley revealed.
« on: May 01, 2008, 09:11:46 PM »
Jean Todt is being lined up to replace Max Mosley when the current President of the FIA either steps, or is forced, down – that is the overwhelming view in the Formula 1 paddock as the latter's D-Day is now less than five weeks away.

A vote of confidence in the FIA Senate in Paris on 3 June will determine whether Mosley must resign over the recent sex scandal, or else be allowed to remain in his role until the expiry of his fourth term in October, 2009 – something he has repeatedly insisted he firmly intends to do.

When he does relinquish his grip on the most powerful position within the sport, former Ferrari team chief Todt – one of the few high-profile figures within F1 to publicly back Mosley – is widely believed to be the man being groomed to take over. Both the BBC and The Times have reported that the Frenchman is ‘a lock' to assume the role.

Advertisement [Go Advertisement Free]

That would also explain Williams' unwillingness to sign a statement calling for Mosley's resignation in Barcelona last weekend. All of the eleven teams in the top flight met in the Toyota motorhome in the Circuit de Catalunya's paddock – at the behest of F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone, it is believed – in an effort to compose a joint statement demanding the embattled 68-year-old step down.

Whilst Red Bull's refusal to put its name to the agreement was perhaps no great surprise – with owner Dietrich Mateschitz being a close friend of Mosley's – the similar resistance of Williams, said to have infuriated Ecclestone, is a little harder to fathom. It has been suggested, however, that neither Sir Frank Williams nor Patrick Head would sign the statement as both are sternly opposed to Todt becoming the Englishman's successor.

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/news/162722-0/man_most_likely_to_replace_mosley_revealed.html

TheStig
He has got my vote..He loves the sport!

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Man most likely to replace Mosley revealed.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 11:38:06 PM »
I still think they should look outside F1 for the job, after all it's Head of Motorsport worldwide. By getting someone from outside F1 means their impartiallity will be credible and you never know their ideas may even be inclusive instead of divisive.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 09:17:38 PM »
No vote from me.  He doesn't 'play' fair'.  No lectures on what his job was please, he had the influence at Ferrari to make different decisions.  His weren't based on fairness, from his team orders down to his using the FIA's bias to his own advantage at the disadvantage of almost everyone else.  I think he will be anything but objective as FIA Pres - I hope he doesn't, or that I'm wrong. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 09:39:34 PM »
I'm with you on that Scotty,I can't see Jean
being partial in any decisions involving issues if
Ferrari is involved
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle