collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 591
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: FRY SEES TOUGH TIMES FOR BUTTON  (Read 1748 times)

davewilson

FRY SEES TOUGH TIMES FOR BUTTON
« on: July 17, 2006, 06:03:55 PM »
By Alastair Moffitt, PA Sport Motor Racing Correspondent, Magny-Cours

Honda boss Nick Fry has all but written off Jenson Button's chances of winning his maiden grand prix this year.

The Englishman has not scored a point for two months after a dismal run of form for Honda in a season where hopes were high of a first victory.

The latest false dawn came in the French Grand Prix when a heavily revised car fell well short of expectations and Button retired with engine problems having never troubled the top 10.

Fry admits dreams of a victory this season are unrealistic in the remaining seven races, meaning Button is likely to end the campaign with 118 grands prix to his name and still no wins.

Fry said: "Clearly from now it looks incredibly difficult, there's no doubt about that.

"The strength of both Ferrari and Renault means no one else is getting a look in. Difficult as it may be, we are just going to try our hardest."

A downhearted Button struggled to muster much enthusiasm for his chances in Germany in a fortnight, admitting his Magny-Cours misery had been a sobering experience.

He equalled his worst qualifying display of the season and team-mate Rubens Barrichello faired little better, leaving both to conclude their car was not quick enough for points.

Button said: "I don't think there's anything positive we can take out of this weekend.

"If we haven't got any reliability issues I think we'll be okay in Germany. But we thought we'd be okay here as well so I'm not going to talk it up too much.

"It's a circuit I enjoy. I have been on the podium there the last two years but I don't think that's going to happen this year.

"Hopefully it will be an improvement on France. Hopefully we can resolve our issues. We thought we were going to be quick here and it hasn't happened."

Fry is adamant the solution to Honda's current woes is for the team to unite and stand together in the face of adversity.

He played down any added pressure from Honda bosses in Japan, who bought the former BAR team over the winter and expected more in their first season back as a full manufacturer.

"It's wrong to separate the team in England from the team in Japan," Fry said. "Honda own the team, they are part of the team. It's not us and them.

"We are all together in this. We are where we are and we have got to work hard to try and get out of it.

"Recriminations don't help the situation at all - we got into this situation together and we will get out of it together."

Button has kept his frustrations under wraps so far this year, unlike in 2005 when he publicly criticised BAR for their poor start to the year.

However, he is impatient for better results and will be back to the grindstone this week with intensive testing at Jerez.

He added: "We have a tough week next week when we will run through the aero package again and find some improvements because we definitely need it.

"Obviously I am pushing very hard and Rubens is doing the same. We are not going to get on a plane and not think about it.

"We are pushing as hard as we can but shouting at someone doesn't change anything. You have to understand what the issues are."

Article
http://www.sportinglife.com/formula1/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=formula1/06/07/17/AUTO_French_Nightlead.html

The Stig

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle