collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 599
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: How long can Piquet last?  (Read 3759 times)

Offline Dare

Re: How long can Piquet last?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 12:15:35 AM »
Considering how bad he has been I thought it a poor team decission to put him on drys at that point.

So who else is looking dodgy?
Coulthard? I'm glad I dont pay his insurance.

Rueben's at his age and Honda's lack of support
makes you wonder of his future.I know 2 F1
drivers who are available now
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 02:27:22 PM »
I hope this article is right and that Ant has a real chance at driving for Renault (or Sato for that matter).  Looks like Piquet's days are numbered, and he won't last the season unless...

From F1 Live:

Renault is still backing Nelson Piquet to up his game, but paddock rumblings suggest that the French team's patience will not last forever.

Indeed, it was rumoured at the scene of the Monaco Grand Prix that team boss Flavio Briatore is giving the struggling 22-year-old Brazilian only until Silverstone in July - three more races - to take a substantial step closer to the pace and performance of lead driver Fernando Alonso.

Moreover, the Swiss publication Motorsport Aktuell reports that Alonso's scheduled running at the test following the Canadian Grand Prix has been scrapped so that Piquet, whose father won three world championships, can be in the car on all three days.   

The loudest related rumour of all at Monaco, however, was that Briatore considers Super Aguri's laid-off race lineup of Anthony Davidson and Takuma Sato as genuine candidates for Piquet's seat if he cannot improve in the near future.

Briatore half-backed Piquet's unimpressive first outing at Monaco as a Grand Prix driver.

"Nelson's race was disappointing, but Monaco remains a difficult test for a driver and it is a very unusual circuit," he said.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 04:14:59 PM »
I must admit the enthusiasm for Davidson goes straight over my head.  I cannot see that he is other than a very average driver.  I know there are people who are convinced he is as good as Lewis but I have waatched Ant since he was in F3 and I can't see why Renault would sign him.  I am not sure why they would sign Sato either unless it is to try and get Nissan involved in the team.

Offline Scott

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 07:55:20 PM »
Forgive me, I'm still a fan of his.  I said I 'hope', not that he has earned it.  Just commenting on the story.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Willy

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 10:33:33 PM »
As to the first asked question, Piquet will need to really pull it together as Grosjean is French, has Flav as a fan, has driven a Renault at Silverstone and is in the Renault Driver Dev Program.
He is only 21 but is a close second in GP2 points.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle