collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 435
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Max survives vote of confidence  (Read 8304 times)

CrazyHorse

Max survives vote of confidence
« on: June 03, 2008, 12:10:42 PM »

but he only just survives

nothing on formula1 com yet, but i got this from Al Beeb

Max Mosley has won a vote of confidence to stay on as president of motorsport's governing body, the FIA.

More than a third of delegates did not back the Englishman at Tuesday's meeting in Paris but he won 103-55.

Mosley called the vote following a newspaper report that he took part in a "Nazi-style orgy" with prostitutes, though he denied Nazi connotations.

US delegate Robert Darbelnet said he was disappointed with the outcome and may withdraw his country's membership.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7430939.stm

Offline Steven Roy

Re: Max survives vote of confidence
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 01:17:08 PM »
The self interested have triumphed.  What an awful day for the FIA.

Do these people think everyone is just going to forget about this mess now?  Do they think that the people who have refused to be seen in public with Max are now going to be happy to appear with him?  Do they think he can do his job in a darkened room where no-one ever needs to set eyes on him again.

The man cannot function!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 03:43:35 PM by Steven Roy »

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 01:29:01 PM »
Pathetic.  Watch for a breakaway of F1 from the FIA spearheaded by Bernie (oh, the irony).
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 01:41:30 PM »
It looks like the breakaway has already started.  The bigger clubs with the most money look like setting up on their own. Well done Max and the minnows you have made a complete mess of this.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/67958

Germany's national motoring body, ADAC, has been the first major organisation to react to Max Mosley's victory in today's confidence vote, saying they regret the result.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/67959

Dutch motoring body president Guido Van Woerkom said he was unhappy but not surprised about the outcome of today's confidence vote against FIA president Max Mosley.

Van Woerkom believes Mosley benefited from the votes of smaller clubs, but he reckons the bigger bodies were against him.

"Well, we've known Max for a long time. He is always pushing the arguments against him away and he is promoting his own arguments," he added.

"And he has a lot of contacts with the smaller clubs and what we have seen in the general assembly is that more or less the smaller clubs are in favour.

"But when you look to the bigger clubs, the AAA (USA), the triple A in Australia, the JAF (Japan) of 70 million members, the ADAC in Germany, the NWB in the Netherlands, they all are against. So when you count the members behind the members then I don't think he will succeed."

Van Woerkom suggested some clubs are now likely to withdawn all involvement with the FIA, following ADAC's example.

"Yes, well, I am now away to have a lunch with those clubs and maybe that is the outcome of that discussion," he said.

Offline Monty

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 01:58:35 PM »
Perhaps this sums up the FIA. Max has not only survived in this organisation but actually grown in importance. All this, in spite of a long list of stupid decisions, questionable tatics and personal prejudices. The FIA obviously do not care what spectators, teams or sponsors think.
I couldn't care less what this idiot does in his private life but together with all of his other dodgy dealings it proves he is not fit to represent an international organisation of any kind.
Think back to some of the pompous opinions he openly expressed about Ron Dennis! How dare he sit in judgement of anyone when his own life is a disgrace.
Perhaps a new splinter group would be a breath of fresh air for Motor Sport.

Online cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 02:35:58 PM »
I wonder how the national sporting bodies will react to this. Here in the US, it's The Automobile Competition Committee of the United States (ACCUS). Two of ACCUS's biggest members, IRL and USAC, are under the control of Tony George. Tony isn't exactly Max's best buddy. IMSA will prob. go along with him, since their ALMS has become closley tied with IndyCar.

The other major block is the France family holdings (NASCAR, Grand Am). Any more, they tend to follow the cash.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 02:57:12 PM »
Sir Jackie Stewart is £50 richer because of Max's victory:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/06/02/smgars102.xml

Seriously, JPS makes some very good points about Max's ability to represent the sport being badly compromised.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

CrazyHorse

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 03:11:31 PM »

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/6/7869.html

After Tuesday’s Extraordinary General Assembly (EGA), the FIA released the following statement:

"During the EGA held in Paris today, the FIA Member Clubs voted on a motion of confidence in the FIA President. The FIA membership voted as follows:

For the motion: 103
Against the motion: 55
Abstentions: seven
Invalid votes: four

"Voting in the EGA was made by secret ballot. Votes were counted in private by the FIA legal department in the presence of four scrutineers, selected by the EGA from a list of Delegates proposed by the Chairman of the meeting (the President of the FIA Senate).

"The entire voting procedure was supervised by an external Huissier de Justice (French state-appointed public witness)."

Paris, 3 June, 2008.

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 03:16:02 PM »
Is Max the yellow guy, or the purple guy?    :o

Seriously - this is a great summation:

'The FIA member clubs will be asked to vote not so much on his suitability to rule but the inability of anyone else to perform the critical task of safeguarding the future of the governing body.

Mosley has outlined a doomsday scenario should he be cast aside, in which the regulatory body loses their independence and, as a consequence, their authority. Only he can keep the ship afloat, he has argued. But Bernie Ecclestone, Formula One's commercial-rights holder, remains convinced that it is in the best interests of the sport for Mosley to go.'

Umm, so let me get this straight.  If Max stays, the FIA will retain all its' power over the sport governance?  Gee, to me it seems like if he stays, most of the FIA sports may just withdraw from FIA governance.  Can't wait to see Bernie's response on this.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 03:49:27 PM »
I saw a piece at the weekend quoting JYS saying he had a £100 bet on Max winning.

I thought the whole gist of Max's letter was that him contuing in the job was the only way the FIA would survive.  Presumably now that this is patently not the case he will do the honourable thing and resign. :DD

Bernie put out a story this morning saying that if Max won he would stand again next year.  Needless to say Max's henchmen immediately put out a piece saying he would definitely go.  M money is on him standing again next year even if the FIA only has half a dozen members by then.

Online cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 04:03:53 PM »

My money is on him standing again next year even if the FIA only has half a dozen members by then.

That might be the only way he could win. ;)
― Bob Dylan

CrazyHorse

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 04:36:18 PM »
who does this nazi, trying to get indies whip, remind u of ?

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 05:00:36 PM »
Well, well, the predictable naysayers and hand-wringing moralisers are out in droves still defending the positions they took since the story broke e.g. max will be out in a week etc ad nauseum, and now in their frustration are baying for blood unable to accept a decision and are spitting the dummy wholesale.

As for ADAC, AAA and others thinking of breaking away, what a miserable bunch of spineless whingers we have here. Tossing the dummy because the decision did not go the way they wanted. If there is no respect for a democratic vote then we have anarchy.

A pox on all their houses!

However, I do see the British Motor Sports Association has issued a statement it “… respects the decision of the FIA General Assembly concerning President Mosley and considers that it is now time to move on and for the sport to pull together…."

Hear, hear and bravo for one authority in the real world.

Hey Pleiades, where do ya get your comment "but he only just survives" when 103 of 169 delegates voted "yes" they had confidence in max?  I think the wording "More than a third of delegates did not back the Englishman...” is a clumsy attempt to skewer the truth of almost two thirds of delegates actually did back him. If that were a result in any other election the correct description of the result would be a "bloody landslide"!

Steven Roy, max obviously functions very well; he is a political animal with well-honed survival skills after all. Methinks you are setting up your own coconuts just to knock them down. People will continue to be with him if only that money and power, like blood, are often a lot thicker than water.

In addition, I do hope max's wins litigation against the sleazy “News of the World” and I hope it shuts this useless waste of newsprint down, as the world will certainly be a much better place after its demise.

When the investigations finally unearth the low-lifes who were behind the obvious attempt to oust and discredit the FIA President, I for one am hoping they receive punitive punishment for their crimes. May I remind you they are the criminals not max! I subscribe to a well-established dictum of "just follow the money" and I think it will not be far from the corrupt F1 circus itself.

Bernie himself is now chest thumping and predicting dire circumstances if max continues as FIA President - all done just before the election in a blatant and clumsy attempt to influence, even intimidate the FIA voting members. I can but wonder if perhaps he is getting more than a little nervous and if so, the reasons for such apprehension?

Surely there is plenty of legally obtainable and publicly available information to damn max Mosley without having to stoop to something so base and tacky as this gross invasion of a person's right to a private life. I put it to you if we had an enemy determined to get something on us, how many of us would survive. Have we allowed other feelings about max and his sexual acts to cloud our judgement?

The actions of the 'News of the World' disgust me far more than max's apparent sexual predilections as their betrayal of ethical standards has far more implications in my life. All the hand-wringing that such a man is unfit etc and etc is akin to a hysteria of 'saintly' hypocrites whose moralising myopia has blinded them to see the real crime and the actual criminals.   

"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

CrazyHorse

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 05:25:57 PM »
sennaman

its what they were saying on the radio, he probably needed to get a good majority of votes
but he'll be gone soon so who cares
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 05:28:02 PM by pleiades »

CrazyHorse

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 05:31:52 PM »
yes he did only just win

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2008/06/03/max-mosley-wins-fia-vote-of-confidence/

he needed  needed at least 89 of 177 available votes

He won with 103 votes to 55, with seven abstentions and four invalid votes.

if the 7 abstentions and 4 invalid votes went against him, that would mean he had 92 votes, a majority of 3

dosnt look very good for him

politicians abstein when they dont agree with whatever but dont want to vote against the government, and the spoiled votes were probably sum1 writing " u dirty old man"

so i stand by the comment   :good: :good:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 05:47:03 PM by pleiades »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle