Everything Else > General Automotive

Do your bit for the enviroment

(1/2) > >>

Wizzo:
Any of you saving up for a Toyota Prius ::) will be interested to know that this Loremo concept might triple your karma points for half the price.

The German-designed car’s super light chassis, tiny diesel engine and slippery shape give it a claimed fuel consumption of over 188mpg  :o That’s roughly three times that of the electric-petrol hybrid Toyota, which theoretically achieves 65.7mpg.

What more could you want? Well there is a couple of negatives:

* Loremo says weight was an important issue to achieving a high MPG.......To keep weight down, the car has no doors. The front two seats are accessed by hinging the whole front of the car up. Two rear-facing passengers climb in through the boot!
* Loremo says that the lightweight chassis and aerodynamic body give the car a sporty feel.......... It has about the power of two 125cc scooters, gets you to sixty in 20 seconds.
Loremo have promised a much faster GT version of the car.........there goes the MPG then!  ::)

vanquish89:
wizard you can hardly talk i dont think a 650i is eco friendly...wot do we think people?  ;)
 max mosely would be doing his nut!

KD:
agreed - hardly eco friendly, and not eye friendly either !!!   ;)

vanquish89:
hardly a role model is he?

Wizzo:
Hang on a mo! Wheres this going?

Coming from somebody with 7 cars on their drive and somebody who drinks petrol for breakfast, the words kettle, pot and black spring to mind.  ;)

This is an F1 website hardly the place to criticise fuel economy  :D

Anyway I only drink spring water, surely that counts for something?  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version