collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 355
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: World Motor Sport Council - Decisions  (Read 3044 times)

Offline cosworth151

World Motor Sport Council - Decisions
« on: June 25, 2008, 02:19:02 PM »
The FIA has put out the following press release from the 25 June meeting of the World Motor Sport Council:

FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

The FIA will enter into a wide-ranging consultation with the Formula One teams to examine plans for improved efficiency, including new technical regulations for the Championship. This will also involve a review of the governance of Formula One.

Applications from teams wishing to compete in the 2009 Championship must be submitted to the FIA during the period 1 to 31 July 2008 inclusive.

The team entry fee for the 2009 Championship will be €309,000 (the 2008 fee plus a three per cent increase in line with inflation). The FIA will launch a consultation with the Formula One teams for the introduction of further fees to cover improved safety systems and equipment at every Grand Prix.

The FIA will invite tenders for a new feeder series for Formula One. This championship, called Formula Two, would be launched in 2009 and used as an inexpensive platform to develop emerging driver talent for Formula One. It is hoped this can be achieved within a budget of around €200,000 a car per season.

CALENDAR

2009 FIA Formula One World Championship*

29 March  Australia
5 April  Malaysia
19 April  Bahrain
10 May  Spain
24 May  Monaco
7 June  Canada
21 June  Great Britain
28 June  France
12 July  Germany
26 July  Hungary 
9 August  Turkey
23 August  Europe (Valencia)
6 September  Italy
13 September  Belgium
27 September  Singapore
11 October  Japan 
18 October  China
1 November  Brazil
15 November  Abu Dhabi

*Provisional

I see that France is still on the schedule, and Indy still isn't.

The entire release, including sections on the WRC and Karting, may be seen at:

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wmsc/wmsc08/Pages/wmsc_250608.aspx

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Steven Roy

Re: World Motor Sport Council - Decisions
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 03:00:51 PM »
I thought they put out something early last year when they were politicking that entries for 2009 had to be in at the start of 2007 and over a very short time spell.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 05:44:58 PM »
I also see that the British GP has moved foward again into June, methinks Bernie is trying to apply more pressure to Silverstone as the last time the GP was placed early it turned into a shambles because of the rain. June has always been more inclement in Britain than July.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 06:02:56 PM »
The last paragraph, about the new F2 series, caught my attention, too. Where does that leave the Bernie / CVC controlled GP2? Sounds like another shot in the Bernie / Max war.

Also, there had been talk that the tire blanket ban for next season would be dropped. There is no mention of that, either.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline johnbull

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 08:04:44 PM »
They really have no idea, have they.

They keep going round in circles.

Get rid of Max before he gets rid of our sport.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Monty

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 11:06:35 AM »
They really have no idea, have they.

They keep going round in circles.

Get rid of Max before he gets rid of our sport.

Amen!

By the way, has anyone looked at FIA accounts. Where does the €3million entry fees, plus license fees etc. go? I know teams get some travel allowances but I really have no idea how FIA allocates / spends the money.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 11:46:39 AM »
CVC pay out the travel allowances from the TV money. It shouldn't be going through the FIA.

Note to Max: Creating a half-baked feeder formula to exacerbate the "more drivers than spaces in F1" problem with unrealistic entry fees will not solve your credibility problem. 
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline johnbull

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 03:17:57 PM »
CVC pay out the travel allowances from the TV money. It shouldn't be going through the FIA.

Note to Max: Creating a half-baked feeder formula to exacerbate the "more drivers than spaces in F1" problem with unrealistic entry fees will not solve your credibility problem. 

I hadn't thought about it this way, but you have a very valid point.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Mitch14

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 07:03:46 PM »
its a shame indy is not on the calendar as its a classic race and one thats probaly enjoyed

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 06:30:01 PM »
its a shame indy is not on the calendar as its a classic race and one thats probaly enjoyed

in the early 1950's the actual indy 500 race was part of the F1 series but not many of the European drivers used to contest it.
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Dare

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 06:35:16 PM »

in the early 1950's the actual indy 500 race was part of the F1 series but not many of the European drivers used to contest it.

I knew that SennaMan but I wonder why?You
think it was the travel or how dangerous Indy
was in those days,couldn't have been any worse
than Nurburgring though
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Dare

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 06:37:40 PM »
Just a after thought SM,I don't think many people are
aware of the Tasman Series from the 60's either.

Thats where the f1 cars and drivers went in the off season
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Mitch14

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 10:01:22 PM »
i think it would be good if they brought back the indy 500 race as it would be fun to watch

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2008, 11:30:46 AM »
The main reason european drivers did not contest Indy was because it was always on the same day as Monaco.  Even when Lostus went in the 60s they had to miss Monaco.  One of the reason's Clark never won Monaco was because he missed four(?) to go to Indy.  In 1965 each driver's best 6 scores counted for the championship.  Clark won the title at round seven having won 6 races and missed the only wone he didn't win (Monaco) because he was winning Indy.

Offline johnbull

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2008, 04:19:56 PM »
I knew that SennaMan but I wonder why?You
think it was the travel or how dangerous Indy
was in those days,couldn't have been any worse
than Nurburgring though

It was because they could had to drop scores in those days so they chose to miss ther most inconvenient events. Indy was inconvenient because of travel, and because it meant alot of messing to get the same cars competitive there. in other words it wasn't worth their while.

The Indy of recent years was run to the same rules with the same cars.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle