collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 299
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: British GP  (Read 8758 times)

Offline Slugger

British GP
« on: July 05, 2008, 10:01:11 PM »
I'm off to the race tomorrow. Will be taking lots of pics so will post some up when i've downloaded them all.

Offline Neil.P

Re: British GP
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 10:08:51 PM »
Nice one, have a good 'un mate.

Neil.P

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 12:48:35 PM »
Good job, Sluggs! :yahoo:

It looks like you're getting wet. I'm looking forward to the pix.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Mitch14

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 07:55:12 PM »
i would like to see the pictures to

Offline Slugger

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 10:06:30 PM »
Evening all

I'll try and get round to the pics tomorrow.

Offline Slugger

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 10:43:24 PM »
Just sorted them out now, i'll only forget otherwise.

The full gallery is here www.eekins.com/gp

Here are some of the better ones

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 11:00:02 PM »
Good one mate, I'll see you next week hopefully.

Neil.P

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 11:00:56 PM »
Hey Slugger with all those great shots you took I sure hope you found time to enjoy the race, thanks I enjoyed looking through them. I especially like the shots of during and after one of Massa's many spins.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 01:32:37 PM »
Well Done Sluggs! :yahoo: Excellent work.

It looks like you had a nice, dry spot. we were wondering how wet you got there. ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 03:58:42 AM »
Just sorted them out now, i'll only forget otherwise.

The full gallery is here www.eekins.com/gp

Here are some of the better ones

Great shots Sluggs - doesn't the 'shark' fin on the RENAULT look completely different?

The shots of the acrobatic flying against the menacing sky are spectacular mate. Was that the "Red Arrows"?

I noticed the light was really bad and the images were best at your "program" mode. Do not be afraid to use your longest focal lengths Sluggs as that way you get the frame filled up with the point of interest and produce more compelling and dramatic images.

Nice work and thanks mate.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 04:20:22 AM by SennaMan »
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Slugger

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 05:27:45 PM »
Thanks guys. The light was really poor but we had a grandstand seat so at least we was dry most of the time.

Sennaman - They were indeed the red arrows.

My longest focal length can only fill the frame when the cars are pretty close and it's then hard to keep up with the cars. Bit more practice though and i'm sure it'll get easier.

Neil - hopefully i will be able to still make it. I'm in Switzerland at the moment and stacked it off a mountain bike on Thursday and landed on my shoulder. I don't think I can drive at the moment but i'm hoping it will have improved in time.

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 07:29:02 PM »
Oh no Sluggs, that don't sound very good. Hope to see you at the MotorShow matey.

Neil.P

Offline Scott

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 09:02:26 PM »
Hey Slugger, sorry about your shoulder.  What part of Switzerland were you riding in?  I'm in Wallis near Visp, which is the town on the way to Zermatt. 

Hey everyone, if you are planning a trip to Switzerland, it would be fun to get together for a drink, and if it happens to be on a GP weekend, I can help find a big screen and some refreshments to spend a Sunday afternoon.  I can put together a GPWizard rate as well - I'll make it one of the cheapest beds you can find in the country.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Dare

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 01:53:51 AM »
Hey Slugger, sorry about your shoulder.  What part of Switzerland were you riding in?  I'm in Wallis near Visp, which is the town on the way to Zermatt. 

Hey everyone, if you are planning a trip to Switzerland, it would be fun to get together for a drink, and if it happens to be on a GP weekend, I can help find a big screen and some refreshments to spend a Sunday afternoon.  I can put together a GPWizard rate as well - I'll make it one of the cheapest beds you can find in the country.

Post your web site of your hotel Scotty.Sure the members would
like to see it and hey free world wide advertising never hurt :D
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Slugger

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 09:06:40 AM »

I'm in Champery in the Port du Soleil. Was riding up at Les Croset.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle