collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 373
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Poll

Who's your favorite driver

Massa
0 (0%)
kimi
5 (31.3%)
Hamilton
1 (6.3%)
Kovalainen
0 (0%)
Kubica
0 (0%)
Heidfeld
0 (0%)
Buttons
1 (6.3%)
Ruebens
0 (0%)
Rosberg
1 (6.3%)
Nakajima
1 (6.3%)
Webber
3 (18.8%)
Coulthard
0 (0%)
Bourdais
0 (0%)
Vettel
0 (0%)
Sutil
0 (0%)
Fisichella
2 (12.5%)
Alonso
0 (0%)
Piquet
0 (0%)
Trulli
1 (6.3%)
Glock
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Favorite driver  (Read 3366 times)

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
Re: Favorite driver
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 01:38:57 PM »
I voted Kimi because although I don't think he's very personable, when it comes to driving, he just puts his head down and does his best.  I also think he may well be the best driver out there, but that is not why he is my favourite (e.g. MS was likely the best, but no way a favourite).

A b good point SD and that is why I go for MW. He is not in the elite driving class of those two and a few others as well but what about him is there to dislike? He has always come across to me as a 'fair dinkum' decent sort of bloke who gets the job done with no histrionics whatsoever. I guess that's the Aussie in him.

However, I wish two things for him: better cars and to stop making a hash of the rare opportunities he earns!

« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 02:09:45 AM by SennaMan »
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 01:50:17 PM »
When I saw "favorite" instead of 'best" driver, I took it to be a jubjective rather than objective judgement, one made with the heart rather than the head.

That why I looked at the "nice guys" out there. Webber, Trulli, Kubica and Vettel come to mind. While their on-track efforts may not have been quite up to the Schumi/Senna/Stewart level, they are above average drivers who will go out of their way to be courtious to most everyone they encounter at the track.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2008, 03:06:17 PM »
I took it to mean favourite, not friendliest.  We had a very friendly couple here from England this last week, but my favourite were definitely the French couple who had a great sense of humour, cracking jokes all the time, and bought plenty of expensive wine from our wine cellar.

:P
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2008, 03:12:31 PM »
Sorry if I wasn't clear, Scotty. I was just using my personal experience with the drivers as one basis for this. Like I said, they are all above average drivers.

Cos (Drinker of cheap-but-good wines for many, many years! ;) )
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Mitch14

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2008, 03:26:54 PM »
i agree with sennaman that webber does make a hash of things at starts as both his front row slots he has wasted and ends up almost last at the end of lap one

And guys i am sorry if have a bit harsh about hamilton and other stuff i have said on here i promise to not be so rude anymore

Offline Scott

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2008, 04:30:21 PM »
That's ok Cos, I'm my worst customer...I like my wine black - fermented by Coca Cola
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Mitch14

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 06:08:57 PM »
it seems like the top vote is raikkonen which i can't say im surprised

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 12:53:54 PM »
I had to be honest and admit that my favourite driver is not Heidfeld.  I like Nick because I believe he's under-rated but the moment he wins the championship I will switch my allegiance elsewhere - it will be enough that he has received what he deserves.

My real favourite is Nakajima and I will stick with him whatever happens.  Why?  Because I noticed him first, that's why.  When all everyone else could see was him running over a mechanic in Brazil, I was pointing out his lap times - the guy was quicker than Rosberg in his first GP!  I watched him a few times in his GP2 season and there was something about his driving that gave a hint of his potential.

And I am happy to say that he is doing everything that I said he would - going quickly, finishing races, occasionally quicker than his team mate and learning at a phenomenal rate.  Just his consistency makes him the best Japanese driver ever but he has still to show us how fast he can be.  I only wish he would have the chance at a top drive in the next few years but the likelihood is that he'll soon be at Toyota and we all know what that means...
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2008, 02:46:26 PM »
To be fair you did defend him after Brazil and you said he would have a future in the sport when most people thought he was only there to keep Toyota happy.

One thing I found reading some mag or other in the last week is that Williams don't have to have Kaz.  They have the choice of any young driver on Toyota's list.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2008, 04:48:33 PM »
I still think Nakajima is there because Williams have to have him (the other drivers on Toyota's young driver list were considerably worse at the time). He has simply surprised most of us with his ability to mature quickly.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle