collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 526
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Lawyer Declares McLAREN Spygate Fines etc "VOID"  (Read 1801 times)

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
Lawyer Declares McLAREN Spygate Fines etc "VOID"
« on: July 11, 2008, 04:42:05 AM »

sensational article on PitPass.com describes FIA deliberations etc "illegal"

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=35328

"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Steven Roy

Re: Lawyer Declares McLAREN Spygate Fines etc "VOID"
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 09:49:00 AM »
I saw this story somewhere earlier in the week and thought I had posted something on it but I can't find it.

It is yet another example of Max and the FIA acting like cowboys and not bothering with their own rules when it suits them.  Max genuinely believes he i above the law.  He reminds me of Richard Nixon who said that it couldn't be against the law if the president did it.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 10:27:19 AM »
I saw this story somewhere earlier in the week and thought I had posted something on it but I can't find it.

It is yet another example of Max and the FIA acting like cowboys and not bothering with their own rules when it suits them.  Max genuinely believes he i above the law.  He reminds me of Richard Nixon who said that it couldn't be against the law if the president did it.

exactly SR

[and sorry if I have duplicated your prior effort as I have not seen/read it]

to me the decision against McLAREN and the subsequent white-wash of RENAULT, when it was found they had McLAREN data deeply within their organisation is telling evidence the FIA needs to be completely overhauled, and from the top down too!

Despotic regimes and their leaders should not be around in 2008 especially in Europe.
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Offline johnbull

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 10:30:49 AM »
Nice one.

No doubt Max will manage to slide out of this one too. He will probably give his own contorted interpretation of the rules, to which nobody will agree of course, then he will go out saying they are deliberately trying to stifle the progress of the FIA. ;)
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Monty

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 11:13:45 AM »
I think McLaren 'accepted' the fine in the hope that they would then be allowed to get on with the racing on a level equal to the other teams. This year has proven that Max and some of his FIA cronies are still out to get McLaren at every opportunity so I really hope than Ron and Co. go after a full refund!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 01:46:45 PM »
I agree, Monty. I'd also like to see a restoration of their points from last season, moving them up to the front end of the pits.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 09:15:15 PM »
The only question remaining has to be whether McLaren are the only ones who can challenge the validity, or can perhaps a National association legally challenge the WMSC decision?

I think McLaren are probably unlikely to make a challenge, but with enough groundswell opinion on a National association, natural justice may still be made to prevail.

Perhaps John Bull may have an opinion on this.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 10:20:14 PM »
So wouldn't they just do a re-vote anyhow?  With Max's iron hand, I don't think Bernie's vote would make any difference (his is the only vote being disputed as far as I understand).
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 11:20:40 PM »
Should the WMSC make up that came to the original decision be declared invalid it is hard to see how they could hear the case again. There is an argument that unless the council is substaintially changed any new hearing cannot start from a basis of no predjudice and could leave any further ruling open to legal challenge.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 03:08:36 AM »
Should the WMSC make up that came to the original decision be declared invalid it is hard to see how they could hear the case again. There is an argument that unless the council is substaintially changed any new hearing cannot start from a basis of no predjudice and could leave any further ruling open to legal challenge.

good thinking JS, and they would be hard pressed to meet that criterion so the dreamer in me says just revoke the invalid original decision.

somehow I don't think that is likely to happen even though natural justice demands it should be thrown out.

Offline johnbull

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 10:25:45 AM »
Just because he's being accused of going against his own statute, that certainly won't have an effect on the way Max thinks or acts. Remember Max has scores to settle with Ron from his March days.

It would have to be Mc Laren that gets the ball rolling, but I somehow doubt Ron could really be bothered.

There is however another factor that comes into play. We all know of the continual efforts of Max and his boys at the FIA to curtail Mc Laren's progress - now that's really putting it politely  ;), and yet look where Lewis is in the standings. So if Ron can win the 2008 WC with his hands tied, this in itself will be the biggest defeat for Max, for Mc Laren will not only have beaten the other teams, but will also have beaten Max and his FIA in the process.

And that has got to be worth more than his FIA fine to Ron.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 05:08:28 PM »
Anyone involved in the case would be able to get the ball rolling - but somehow I doubt Ferrari would be sufficiently fussed about the situation to do anything and the WMSC members themselves are probably too scared of Max to try anything.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline johnbull

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 05:34:02 PM »
Anyone involved in the case would be able to get the ball rolling - but somehow I doubt Ferrari would be sufficiently fussed about the situation to do anything and the WMSC members themselves are probably too scared of Max to try anything.

Which is why things will stay just as they are.

The real talking will start if Macca win the W C.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 01:27:27 AM »

Which is why things will stay just as they are.

The real talking will start if Macca win the W C.
Just because he's being accused of going against his own statute, that certainly won't have an effect on the way Max thinks or acts. Remember Max has scores to settle with Ron from his March days.

It would have to be Mc Laren that gets the ball rolling, but I somehow doubt Ron could really be bothered.

There is however another factor that comes into play. We all know of the continual efforts of Max and his boys at the FIA to curtail Mc Laren's progress - now that's really putting it politely  ;), and yet look where Lewis is in the standings. So if Ron can win the 2008 WC with his hands tied, this in itself will be the biggest defeat for Max, for Mc Laren will not only have beaten the other teams, but will also have beaten Max and his FIA in the process.

And that has got to be worth more than his FIA fine to Ron.

Thanks JB and ALC as after reading your posts I have a better and more complete understanding of the factors underlying max's and the FIA's dangerously despotic and disturbing decisions.

I too do believe the enmity and outright envy max has against ron is so overlooked and it has to be a major reason he has been so vehemently opposed to McLAREN's F1 Team.

Ron DENNIS comes from humble stock whereas max is one of the privileged classes and max seemingly cannot accept ron's run of amazing F1 successes in contrast to his own F1 mediocrity.

It rankles him constantly and as you suggest for McLAREN to win the WDC this year will further turn the knife in his stomach.

Like you JB, I fear max may bring out more dirty tricks to scuttle McLAREN [or any other team for that matter] if they are beating his beloved FERRARI.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle