collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 499
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Poll

who will win the 08 World Driving Championship

Hamilton
6 (42.9%)
Raikkonen
4 (28.6%)
Massa
1 (7.1%)
Kubica
0 (0%)
Kovalainen
0 (0%)
another
2 (14.3%)
not sure
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Who will be 08 WDC  (Read 8749 times)

Offline Scott

Re: Who will be 08 WDC
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2008, 06:59:30 PM »
He's only 15.1, but a lousy typist.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Mitch14

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2008, 07:15:06 PM »
i wouldn't say that he is lousy

you are probaly joking from the other jokes on here ive seen :good:

Offline johnbull

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2008, 10:00:58 PM »

Is that his height, or waist measurement?

Sorry Cos, I couldn't help that one.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008, 10:09:43 PM »
I think Kimi has a different sort of pressure this year and I am not sure he will cope. Kimi has not had a teamate on equal terms before, he is not the clear numero uno and as Ferrari are not running away in the constructors table they will want them both pushing on as hard as they can go.

My money is split between Lewis and Massa. Lewis was untouchable this weekend, Michael and Senna would love to have a drive like that to their name, so it has to be the drive of the decade at least. If he keeps this up he should be WDC but his luck and experience are both in need of a boost.

Felippe may not have the outright skill of Lewis and Kimi but his luck is in, how else do you explain 5 or so spins and still finish the race, and his experience is yielding results. Yep he could really do it  
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Dare

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008, 10:14:32 PM »

It's the number of posts by Mitch in 10 minutes >:(
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 01:33:14 AM by Dare »
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008, 11:26:56 PM »
Is that his height, or waist measurement?

I'm 6' 6" (about 2 meters) with a 40" waist.  ;)

151 was my prefered number on my race cars. I'll have to change back to my old pix.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2008, 10:56:27 AM »

"................ Lewis was untouchable this weekend, Michael and Senna would love to have a drive like that to their name,........."

A brilliant drive indeed John S and worthy of AS and MS's best who have at least one drive like that to their names and in the wet too.

Try ayrton's 1993 drive at Donington where he lapped all but one driver at least once. The driver who came second was adrift by 80 seconds and just escaped being lapped and the Spanish GP in 1996 when MS decimated the field was described by none other than the British great, stirling MOSS as:

""It was not a race. It was a demonstration of brilliance."
Stirling Moss about Schumacher at the 1996 Spanish GP

The way lewis effortlessly carved through the race at Silverstone and after telling his team if he drove any slower he would stop shows he is simply in the class of the two legends and at 22 or so and still improving is terrifying for the other teams.

So he should be WDC this year after being robbed of it in 2007 but, as John Bull and Steven Roy fear, don't discount the FERRARI and FIA duopoly rearing its menacing head again! 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 11:34:59 AM by SennaMan »
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Ian

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2008, 11:32:06 AM »
What a race that would be eh Sennaman. AS, MS, and LH in a real wet race. Who would win I wonder ?
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2008, 11:42:04 AM »
What a race that would be eh Sennaman. AS, MS, and LH in a real wet race. Who would win I wonder ?

Hey ian that would be a fabulous treat mate.

Would the three of them have to be in the same make of cars, perhaps McLAREN or FERRARI?

Adjusted and set up to their individual preferences of course

Who would win?

I cannot help thinking after three races they would each have won one. 
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2008, 12:41:45 PM »
I voted for Another.  No one seems to be noticing but Another is having a brilliant season, always there at the finish and racking up the points quietly.  Okay, he has yet to win a race this year but he wouldn't be the first to be champion with fewer race wins.  Everyone has doubts about his car being able to keep up with the pace of development but the Whatsaname team have proved that they can improve steadily.  They may not make a fuss but prefer to produce the goods on the track.  Be prepared for some surprises as the season rolls on towards its conclusion.

It's a fair bet, after all.  Both Ferrari and McLaren have taken to shooting themselves and each other in the foot at every opportunity and they cannot get the hang of backing one driver over the other.  Whatsaname follow the same policy but their excellent team manager, Insertnamehere, makes sure that they maintain a healthy relationship.

Another may be a little behind the rest in the standings but the gap is not insurmountable - we are only halfway through the season, remember.  And now that he has overcome his problems, I think you will see him doing much better, including beating his team mate, Thatotherguy.

And anyway, I get tired of seeing the same old names at the top.  Kimi seems so bored that he really doesn't deserve to be champ, Lewis is having his learning year after his charmed first season and Massa is, well, Massa.  The smart money has to go on Thatotherguy but, if you want to live on the edge like me, place your bet on the outsider, Another.

Which should make it fairly obvious that I'm talking about Heidfeld.  ;)
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2008, 01:18:04 PM »
I voted for Another..............[snip].................It's a fair bet, after all.  Both
Which should make it fairly obvious that I'm talking about Heidfeld.  ;)

Wow! A brilliant piece Cham and on the strength of it I delved into the website you list on the bottom of your post.

I shall be visiting it far more often too. It is a treasure of finely crafted prose set down in the most charming and engaging tone.

May I urge all those who love fine writing to visit the site. You will find Cham, as "Clive" on his blog "Gone Away",  has a gift for keeping you spellbound.

Thanks mate.

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2008, 01:36:15 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, SennaMan - much appreciated.

If any are interested, the link to my personal blog, Gone Away, is http://www.madtv.me.uk/goneaway.aspx.  I have been so busy over the last few months that I haven't updated it nearly as often as I should (also the reason for my rare and brief visits to this forum, unfortunately) but I am always determined to find the time to get back to it (and the forum).  One day it might even happen.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 01:38:09 PM by Chameleon »
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2008, 08:39:18 PM »
I voted for Another.  No one seems to be noticing but Another is having a brilliant season, always there at the finish and racking up the points quietly. 

You could just as easily be referring to one Robert Kubica who, according to F1 live has the best stats of any driver out there this season.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080711160802.shtml

Offline Dare

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2008, 11:15:57 PM »
John it couldn't have been Kubica because I had
him listed,I didn't think Heidfeld had a chance and
probably shouldn't have listed Heikki either

I believe it's going to be a 3 way race between
Rom,Ian,and,oops wrong ;) race
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2008, 11:32:54 PM »
You're right Dare I don't think any BMW driver will be WDC this year, it was just a way to introduce the Kubica stats from F1 Live.

The crown will go to one of the big three, who are tied on points at the moment - but which one?  You pays your money and takes your choice!

Still it should go all the way, unlike the GG which Ian is sure to sew up 2 races from the end - I know sandbagging when I see it  8)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle