collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 597
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Honda want Alonzo  (Read 1753 times)

Offline Scott

Honda want Alonzo
« on: July 02, 2008, 09:21:47 AM »
From F1 Live

Fernando Alonso would be welcome at Honda but his preferred employer is Ferrari.

That was the admission this week of Ross Brawn, Team Principal at the Honda team, whose current drivers are out of contract at the end of 2008.

Amid speculation at Magny-Cours two weeks ago that Brackley-based Honda could be Spaniard Alonso's next destination, Brawn now admits that 'every team' would be interested in the services of the former double world champion.

"Honda is no different, of course," he is quoted as telling the Swiss publication Motorsport Aktuell.

"Fernando is a very good driver that everyone would like to have sitting in their car," said Brawn, who until the end of 2006 was Technical Director at Ferrari.

Brawn, referring to the famous Maranello based squad, continued: "I know what team he would like to go to, everyone does.

"The reality is that, before we can talk seriously with him, the situation with Ferrari must be resolved."

If Alonso ultimately does go on the market for a different team, Brawn makes it clear that Honda is unfazed that his relationship with McLaren last year ended so badly.

"There would be no problem, not at all; the truth is that it would be a fascinating challenge," he said.

"Broadly speaking, everyone who has worked with him speaks highly of him. With McLaren it was obviously difficult, but the people at Renault regard him very highly," Brawn added.

Honda have short memories.  They must have winced every time Villeneuve talked to the press, and now they want the biggest team de-moralizer in the paddock on board?   Yeesh.  Honda would have to have a Ferrari up their sleeve if they want to keep Alonzo happy.  He would surely have another get-out-of-jail card in his contract.  And is Jensen going to want to be official tail-gunner for Ferd?  After leading the team to 8th or 9th place these past couple of years?  I think not.  He 'deserves' better after all he's done for Honda. >:D

There was a caption picture of Ross and Jensen talking.  I don't get those two.  If you can't grow a decent beard, why keep trying?  They both look ridiculous.

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

Re: Honda want Alonzo
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 01:09:25 PM »
Honda and Ferd deserve each other!

If you can't grow a decent beard, why keep trying?

Maybe they got the DVD set of "Miami Vice" for Christmas.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Mitch14

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 08:34:27 PM »
honda would be very lucky to get alonso as the car is not  that  good

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 03:30:14 PM »
No, Honda would be stupid to hire Alonzo in a car that is that crappy...what a waste of good money!

Mitch14

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 06:59:28 PM »
alonso's best option would be ferrari but ferrari have said they don't want him so he will just have to stay at renault or go somewhere thats worse

Mitch14

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 07:16:30 PM »
if he was by some chance go to BAR it would probaly be because of ross brawn

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 04:34:58 PM »
BAR was owned by British American Tobacco, who left the sport with the tobacco deal. They have been Honda for several seasons.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 06:22:14 PM »

If he was by some chance going to Honda, judging by his ever growing paycheques, I'd say it was for the money...because it sure won't help his cause of trying to become 3-time WDC any time soon, Brawn or no Brawn.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 09:36:09 AM »

If he was by some chance going to Honda, judging by his ever growing paycheques, I'd say it was for the money...because it sure won't help his cause of trying to become 3-time WDC any time soon, Brawn or no Brawn.

you are a tough man SD; surely the 2009 car has to be a lot better than the current one and I think I can see far better race strategies and work already.

HONDA scored a big coup in getting ross BRAWN.

Hey his intials are the same as rubens BARRICHELLO!

Gotta have some significance perhaps?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 09:40:13 AM by SennaMan »
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 01:05:22 PM »
surely the 2009 car has to be a lot better than the current one

I seem to remember a lot of saying last year that this year's car had to be way better than last year's.  Any team can mak one bad car.  It has happened to the best of them but when you make two cars consecutively that are bad then you have a fundamental problem somewhere.  I would not be at all surprised if the 2009 Honda is as bad as its predecessors.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 01:16:54 PM »
surely the 2009 car has to be a lot better than the current one

I would not be at all surprised if the 2009 Honda is as bad as its predecessors.

Heck SR I do hope HONDA don't make it three in a row not only for their sake but also for JB and RB who have been very loyal and for F1 in general.

Sad to see such a proud and illustrious manufacturer struggling. Getting ross BRAWN has to be a plus but I wish HONDA would let the F1 team act independently from them and allow them to function as they see fit.

Until they do they may have continual problems in getting more competitive and being able to match the top four.
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle