collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 270
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Max has a new job...  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Scott

Max has a new job...
« on: July 28, 2008, 10:15:08 AM »
He's going to help other perverts fight the rags for their privacy.  I think he needs to pay a bit more attention to the detail of F1 and try to stay out of the news.  I wonder what his definition of 'together' is when he talks about his wife.  Too bad noboy can interview her...she probably doesn't really care as long as she can live her life comfortably in France.  She might even have a case for a bigger allowance now that it is clear she would win big in a divorce settlement if she wanted.

If this was indeed a conspiracy to dethrone him from within F1, those people must really be shaking their heads wondering what it would take to bring down this piece of filth.

From F1 Live:

FIA President Max Mosley is considering setting up a legal fund to enable less wealthy people to sue newspapers for breaches of privacy.

The 68-year-old Briton last week won his high-profile pursuit of the scandal publication News of the World following its expose earlier this year about his unconventional sex life.

Speaking for the first time since the High Court victory, Mosley told the Sunday Telegraph that he also intends to take action against media outlets across Europe, particularly in France, Germany and Italy.

He also wants less wealthy people to have access to money with which to pursue newspapers for similar exposes.

"I feel very strongly that some newspapers literally ruin people's lives and more has to be done to stop this," Mosley said. 

Also in the interview, Mosley settled speculation that events triggered by the News of the World expose had led to estrangement from his two sons and wife.

"My wife and I have been together for 50 years and we are staying together," he said.

Meanwhile, Mosley said he is "keeping an open mind" about whether his enemies in F1 are connected with the attempt to destroy his reputation, image and career.

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Steven Roy

Re: Max has a new job...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 12:37:44 PM »
Looks like Max is setting up his post F1 career while he can.  He is going to endup on every talk show on TV and radio and will be writing books and newspaper columns by the dozen.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 03:33:00 PM »
This thing of Max verses the press is still not finished on his own account, Max is now going for a libel action both here in Britain and in Germany. I just wonder if the courts find for him will they award proper damages or a token pound or d/mark?
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 05:44:40 PM »
Been a while since you were off the 'Isle' John?  It's Euros :P

Offline johnbull

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 09:16:23 PM »

"My wife and I have been together for 50 years and we are staying together," he said.

Meanwhile, Mosley said he is "keeping an open mind" about whether his enemies in F1 are connected with the attempt to destroy his reputation, image and career.

Looks like Max's definition of together is not the same as that in the Oxford dictionary.

QUOTE: His enemies in Formula 1. Wierd one that. I thought it was all over. Ferrari and Macca had made up and kissed again, and all was well with the world! 8)

What is the man talking about. Or is it that he still sees Ron as the enemy, and that's why all the penalties, fines etc for Mc Laren.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

TheStig

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 12:13:43 AM »
Take the  P  all you like.He still came out with grands and smelling of ..(mosleys)...Roses.
Stig

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 05:54:08 AM »
Anyone heard the result of the engine inspection?

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 10:06:29 AM »
Not sure anyone will until Friday. If Free Practise 2 ends and McLaren haven't been punished, we can assume the engine is OK. I wouldn't expect a song and dance about it if they're in the rules.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 12:33:01 PM »
If Free Practise 2 ends and McLaren haven't been punished, we can assume the engine is OK.

I agree. If I were Ron, I'd be sure Lewis & Kovi sandbagged it on Friday. ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline johnbull

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 11:45:18 AM »
Max has reiterated that he does not intend standing again as FIA president.

He says he doesn't want to have to get up to go to work every morning.

Perhaps these evening orgies are getting a bit too much for the poor fella. ;)
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 09:40:01 PM »
Or maybe he's having to re-iterate himself because others are wary, having fallen for that old ploy before...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 12:05:11 AM »
It is only a matter of time before he says that he had no intention of standing again but that he has had so many people ask him to re-consider that he just felt for the good of the FIA he had to stand.

Offline johnbull

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 07:55:12 AM »
It is only a matter of time before he says that he had no intention of standing again but that he has had so many people ask him to re-consider that he just felt for the good of the FIA he had to stand.

My sentiments exactly.

I wish he'd stop bringing up his court case every time somebody speaks to him. Hasn't he done enough damage with it.

I loved his comments about BMW having been silly not to have earthed their car - with reference to the KERS shock. What does he expect them to do, carry a ball and chain?

he biggest problem with Max is that he just will not accept the fact that, like any other human, he can occasionally be wrong.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Scott

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 08:48:06 AM »
How could they 'earth' their car when it had barely stopped moving?  What's going to happen to marshals when they come upon a car in the gravel, maybe even with an injured driver?

'I ain't touchin' it',

'Me either...',

'Hey, maybe Mikey will touch it' (evil grin) 

***Dare and Cos might remember the Reese Peanut Butter Cup commercials***

I think KERS will not be implimented in '09.  Watch for it in '10 with slots in all the race tracks so they can 'earth' their cars.

Offline romephius

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 10:14:18 AM »
I think the bigger safety concern with that is in general pit stops, where the refueling rig is amongst the first things to contact the car....

Just a thought...

Rom

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle