collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 565
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Max has a new job...  (Read 2775 times)

Offline Steven Roy

Re: Max has a new job...
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 12:35:28 PM »
Pit stops 'shouldn't' be a problem as cars are earthed then.  Watch as a car approaches its stop and you will see earthing strips sticking up from the ground.  Of course there was a leak when re-fueling a car and its own exhaust didn't set it alight another car passing by just might.  Just as well we have someone like Max as president who is always keen to tell us how keen he is on safety and just as well we have all those other people who never stop telling us about his contribution to safety.  All together now 'especially in the wake of Senna's accident'

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 09:26:30 PM »
The car was earthed as required by the regulations. However, it would appear that although you, I and the BMW engineers had read the Standard Book of Basic Electrical Physics, the electricity hadn't.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 09:44:18 PM »
I think the electrics were earthed to the car but was never earthed to the ground as it did not go into the normal pit box. 

Offline johnbull

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 09:46:54 PM »
He still won't give up. He's sent us another letter telling us all how sorry he was and how horrible the NOTW is, and now he's going to instigate criminal proceedings against papers in Italy, France and Germany.

He may have won the case in Britain, but I don't think he'll have much luck with Germany and the others.

Does he realise that every time he opens his big mouth he is causing more harm to the image of motorsport.

Can't somebody ask him to push a BMW ......... or something. ;)

Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Scott

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008, 10:48:52 AM »
He's still claiming that he knows who set him up, but he's not telling...na,na,na,na

Here are the good guys - Ferrari, RB Bosses, Williams and FIF1.  Who could it ever be??  Probably those goons over at Toyota.  :crazy:

Gee Max, just go away, will you?  We're all so sick of your pompous slime.  I'll tell you who set you up - YOU!  If you weren't such a perverted freak, there wouldn't have been anything to set up!

From F1 Live:

Max Mosley is determined to get to the bottom of what he regards as a Formula One-related conspiracy to destroy him.

The FIA President has successfully sued the British newspaper News of the World for its expose about his orgy with prostitutes, but Mosley believes the real culprits of the set-up have yet to be revealed.

Working on the 68-year-old's behalf is the renowned British investigative squad Quest, and the fruits of their labour will 'soon' be known, Mosley told the press this week.

"Soon you will know who was behind it," the Briton is quoted as saying by La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Meanwhile, when asked by the German magazine Auto Motor und Sport if he believes he was the victim of a set-up, Mosley answered: "It is very likely that it was not the newspaper working alone.

"The investigations are ongoing, so it would be unfair of me to express any specific suspicions before anything is proved," he explained.

Mosley said that, even before the News of the World orgy, he was warned by F1 Chief Executive Bernie Ecclestone that someone was out to get him. 

"Bernie gave me a name," he confirmed, "but I am not about to prematurely accuse anybody of anything. There is still no proof that this person was involved at all."

Mosley, however, was quick to name those F1 personalities who supported him throughout the affair - Gerhard Berger, Frank Williams, Vijay Mallya, Dietrich Mateschitz, and Ferrari.

He intends to step down as FIA president late next year, but plays down speculation that Jean Todt is still in pole position to succeed him.

"Todt would be a very good man for this office," Mosley said, "but I cannot imagine that he wants to do it -- he could get much higher paying jobs than to be FIA President, which is an honorary position."
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 11:41:14 AM »
So now that the case is over his ability to be FIA president is not affected at all apart from the fact that he thinks someone involved in F1 set him up and he is investigating them to get proof.  Surely that would be a conflict of interest and would result in him not being able to carry out his duties as president.  How can someone get fair treatment if Max thinks they set him up?

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2008, 01:42:05 PM »
It seems ironic that Max has fought a privacy case and then talks about it every time someone puts a microphone near his face. Doesn't that defeat the point?
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline johnbull

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2008, 10:49:46 PM »
It seems ironic that Max has fought a privacy case and then talks about it every time someone puts a microphone near his face. Doesn't that defeat the point?

He's got so little else to talk about these days, and even less to boast about, what with factories going up in flames, and cars electrocuting their mechanics, all in the name of safety you understand ;)

Now ol' Bernie's giving him a bit of stick too, so perhaps he's right just sticking to talking about his court case and his perverted hobby. What else can he talk about.

Does anybody know if he's in Hungary, and if so I hope he hasn't forgotten his Gestapo cap and his whip. He'll look strange without them. :yahoo:
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2008, 12:44:44 AM »
There was a comment earlier in the week saying that his first visit to a GP would be Monza.  I am sure the Italians will give him an easier time than anywhere else given everything he has done for Ferrari. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle