collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 593
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Ferrari wants Massa to Win  (Read 2728 times)

Offline Steven Roy

Re: Ferrari wants Massa to Win
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008, 05:22:25 PM »
I think the handling of the Ferrari caused Kimi to b slower than Massa.  The worrying thing for McLaren is that even though the handling of the Ferrari was rubbish they still had good race pace.  I guess the worrying thing for Ferrari is that they couldn't sort the problem and they have two drivers on similar points where Lewis is clearly ahead at McLaren and unless something odd happens McLaren will be able to focus on one driver before Ferrari can.  Although the way Lewis has been driving Heikki has no choice but play second fiddle.

Offline raindancer

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 07:23:33 AM »
Kimi has said the Ferrari have been going for a compromise in his set up since they couldn't get the best set up for the race thereby hampering him. I also do not agree that Kimi wasn't faster than Alonso. Hungary is a place where it is difficult overtake and Kimi just didn't want the risk.
I think Ferrari are backing Massa internally and would like him to win but a couple of mistakes will effectively rule Massa out of the Championship. The point to note here is
Massa was probably pushing the Car too much leading to its blow up. Kimi demonstrated that it is possible to drive it fast in a circuit like Hungary without blowing it up. Although he backed off in the last three laps after coming to know of Massa's blow up.

Similarly it is clear that Hamilton's puncture is due to his driving style.
So you have two potential WDC contenders who have flaws in their driving style.
Do you think either of them will win ?
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008, 04:18:28 PM »
Perhaps the unthinkable has happened and FM has developed into a better driver in the dry if not the wet!

Anyway it is good to see some in the F1 world having to eat humble pie for consistently downrating felipe. He now has oodles of the drive and hunger for more success and getting mentored by MS has obviously worked some magic.

Now if only FERRARI can give FM a reliable car!

How soon you forget he can't keep the car on the track in the wet.  I look at it the other way around - although he put it together in Hungary better than Ferrari provided him, but the high is more of a blip than typical.

no mate I did not forget  - read my 1st sentence again please The one ending: "Perhaps........FM has developed into a better driver in the dry if not the wet!" written precisely because of his Silverstone blunders in the wet.

And the undeniable fact is he did blow KR into the weeds all weekend - not just the GP -  and if his b car had held together would deservedly be leading the WDC.

I wonder too if KR is not good at giving precise input to enable his engineers to set his car up properly whereas felipe has the services of the crafty MS.

"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008, 04:25:08 PM »
"........................ So you have two potential WDC contenders who have flaws in their driving style.
Do you think either of them will win ?

All F1 drivers do have flaws as do their cars etc; it's not a perfect world.

I guess the trick is to identify and quantify them so the style can be somewhat altered and more importantly the car set up properly to optimise the unique style of the driver.
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle