collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 506
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Will Force India improve in 09  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Dare

Will Force India improve in 09
« on: August 12, 2008, 12:59:25 PM »

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

Re: Will Force India improve in 09
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 01:10:53 PM »
The team has lacked stability in ownership and finance over the past few years. Mallya seems to have cured that. Gascoyne had been a big help, too.

Hopefully they will keep Fisi and Sutil, and give them better cars next season.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 01:12:08 PM »
I don't think Vijay gets F1.  Catching up when the rules are static is easy.  Look at the gap from first to last now and compare it to the first day the current rules applied.  If he thinks he has an advantage because the rules are changing he doesn't understand the sport.  Just having Mike Gascoyne there is not enough.

If FIF1 are going forward who is going backwards?  STR have the same engine and presumably KERS package as FIF1 and they have Adrian Newey.  Williams seem very confident about their KERS system and less sophisticated aero will suit them down to the ground.

To me the only way FIF1 can go forward is if Honda produce a third dog in a row which they might because although Ross Brawn is there I believe they still have the same fundamental problems that produced this year's and last year's cars.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 08:51:29 PM »
Force India proved to me that they are really good at improving in 2008, due to the huge amount they made up on the opposition. Progress will slow in 2009 - a combination of the rule changes that Steven mentioned, the fact that progress is more difficult the further up the grid you go and the "sophamore syndrome" problem (which Vijay is showing early symptoms of setting himself up for). However, I still think progress will be made, and with a couple of tenths separating the different positions in the hierarchy, it won't take much progress to steal a place. But the place stolen won't necessarily be from STR or Williams, because rule changes can shake things up considerably.

I'm hoping Force India keeps the entire line-up unchanged. Not only has it proven effective so far, but the last thing you need when going into a major regulation change is to change stuff within the team as well.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 11:24:20 AM »
The new rules are going to create a bit of a lottery next season and I think if FiFi move foward it will be because others trip up with the new rules. By the middle of the season any big team who got it wrong will have made the necessary changes so Fifi will still be up against the bottom half of the grid by midway.

I am not sure, even with Mike Gascoigne, they can turn a tail end team into a consistant mid pack outfit in such a short period of time after all their opponents have just as good resources and more experience.

Sorry Dare and Ali but I agree with Steven the only way Fifi can move foward next year is if another team, please not Honda, produce a real barking dog. 

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle