collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 362
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Todt tells Schumi:Dont quit  (Read 1733 times)

davewilson

Todt tells Schumi:Dont quit
« on: July 31, 2006, 11:21:29 PM »
Ferrari team boss Jean Todt has told Michael Schumacher to follow his heart when deciding whether to retire from Formula One.

The seven-time world champion is currently considering his future after a glittering career and has the option of retiring, driving for another team next season or continuing with Ferrari.

Schumacher is slowly reining in current drivers' champion Fernando Alonso in this year's title race and Ferrari manager Willi Weber has said the 37-year-old should retire on a high, if he can catch the Renault driver.

However, Todt insists he still wants the German at the Italian team and has told him to follow his heart when deciding his future.

"At the moment, Michael loves driving and I think he demonstrates every weekend how good he is," Todt said.

"Whatever he wants, I will respect that and he knows that as long as he wants to, he can drive a Ferrari. I really feel my encouragement to Michael is do what your heart tells you, rather than the manager."

Schumacher closed the gap on Alonso to 11 points with six races remaining at the weekend by winning his home grand prix at Hockenheim.

His future should be decided by September as Ferrari are due to name their 2007 pairing at the Italian grand prix.

However, one of the drivers is expected to by McLaren's Kimi Raikkonen after Todt admitted he was a big fan of the Finn.

"You are speculating who is going to drive, who will be announced, but if you take my comments two years ago when I was asked 'who do you prefer among the new drivers' I always said Raikkonen," Todt added.

"You have Schumacher, he's my hero, you have Massa, I'm very close to him, he does a good job, and Kimi. There's no other message."

Ferrari also closed the gap in the constructors' championship to ten points after Sunday's race.
Article:
http://news.viewlondon.co.uk/Todt_tells_Schumi_Dont_quit_17409684.html
The  Stig

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle