collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 371
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: New Feature - F1 Minute News  (Read 3215 times)

Offline Wizzo

New Feature - F1 Minute News
« on: September 23, 2008, 08:45:10 PM »
I've teamed up with F1 Minute to bring you the latest headlines from the F1 world in a handy 60 second package. The player is located on our Home Page and the news is updated every weekday.

You no longer need to trawl through pages and pages of news sites, just tune in to GPWizard each day to hear everything you need to know.

F1 Minute is written, produced and presented by Christine Blachford.

Christine began her Formula 1 career working for Sidepodcast, a weekly Formula 1 talk show that sprang into life in late 2006. She writes for numerous online publications including BellaOnline and also presents the ever popular F1 video broadcast Sidepodcast TV.

Try it and let me know what you think.

Wizzo
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 09:27:31 PM by GPWizard »

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Steven Roy

Re: New Feature - F1 Minute News
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 08:50:53 PM »
Seeing as I spend a lot of time on Sidepodcast I am quite familiar with Christine and F1 Minute.  It is definitely worth a listen every day and on rare occasions like race day at Spa twice a day.  Glad to see two of my favourite F1 places on the net getting together.

Christine writes on so many sites you would not believe it and the weekly podcast has been joined by many others during the week.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 08:52:58 PM »
Excellent, Wizzo! I've just listened to a few of them. First rate!

Eh, Wizzo, now that I've seen Christine's picture, is there any way you could do it as a video feed instead of audio only? ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 08:58:53 PM »
Cos go to www.sidepodcast.com and there are videos of Christine all over the site.  However you should know that the disembodied male voice who is known only as 'me' is her husband.

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 09:58:15 PM »

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 04:40:05 AM »
Cos go to www.sidepodcast.com and there are videos of Christine all over the site.  However you should know that the disembodied male voice who is known only as 'me' is her husband.

Disembodied is right...I thought they were using him just for fun a couple of times, but I really wish she would go back to using him as her tech and keep the mic's away.

I've been listening to F1 minute as a podcast for months (pretty much ever since I got my iPod Touch in May).  It's sort of a re-hash of what I read on F1 Live, but of course she rams it into a minute a day which is impressive in itself. 

I don't know why they both kind of sound not terribly interested in what they are doing though.  Could use a bit of excitement in their voices when there is stuff to be excited about (Spa for example).  Sidepodcast is a pro site though - great track previews and stuff.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle